Flutter/Android development issues

Briefly describe your issue below:

Hi,

I am trying to use Parrot OS as a development platform for Flutter/Android (I’m just learning Flutter as a new skill). I used Windows 10 before but figured I want to try Parrot.
I am running into many many issues, I solve one and get stuck in another like a whack-a-mole game. I am spending more time setting up my OS and not learning to code. :slight_smile:

Has anyone used Parrot OS for as a development environment for Android/Flutter? If so, can you help walk me through the different modifications and setup needed to get to a working system? I know this is a general question and not a specific error, but I figured first I’ll find if anyone was able to setup their development environment. We can go over the specific points I get stuck at later.

Thank you!

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)

Parrot 4.5.1 Home edition, AMD64

Hi. Is it a problem of installing any IDE? What kind of issues are you running into?

Simply install any popular Flutter/Android IDE and work (Android Studio for example). But be careful by downloading apps from untrusted sources.

Honestly, it is not one specific issue.
I have been following the regular installation instructions according to the Flutter official website (and I am using VSCodium as my editor), but it seems that every turn I run into issues.

  1. Initially VSCodium gave me issues with installing plugins.
  2. Then I ran into issues connect to the Android device using ADB.
  3. Now I run into an issue where I can do a “flutter run” command from the terminal proper, but doing it from inside the VSCodium built-in terminal gives me an error: “Exception in thread “main” java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/yoav/.gradle/wrapper/dists/gradle-4.10.2-all/9fahxiiecdb76a5g3aw9oi8rv/gradle-4.10.2-all.zip.lck (Permission denied)”.

Basically, I am wondering if someone was able to to any Android Development using the Flutter infrastructure and how they set it up. I am not chasing this one error at the moment, as I am worried that when I figured this one out another will pop up. I am just wondering if someone got the whole system to work and what it took.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.