Getting Wifi to Work on ParrotOS

Good day! I am preparing to install Parrot on a new partition on my HP laptop. As with Linux Mint it does not recognize my wireless network card (Realtek.) For Mint I had to install a new driver, but I am not sure that a similar method will work with Parrot. Suggestion and advice greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Yes you should have no issue installing wifi card. What realtek card is it?

If you need any help let us know :slight_smile:

02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 15)
03:00.0 Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. Device d723

I had the same rtl8723de wifi card on a previous laptop and had to install drivers as well for an earlier distro.

rtlwifi_new driver is what you will need for this card (if u do this don’t forget the kernel-headers for exact kernel before building/installing your driver).

Before going through any of that make sure you do not already have the driver installed by checking for it w/:

lsmod|grep 'rtl'

you can paste output. If you need any help let us know :slight_smile:

btrtl 16384 1 btusb
bluetooth 544768 43 btrtl,btintel,btbcm,bnep,btusb,rfcomm
rtl8723de 81920 0
btcoexist 335872 1 rtl8723de
phydm_mod 753664 1 rtl8723de
rtl8723_common 24576 1 rtl8723de
rtl_pci 32768 1 rtl8723de
rtlwifi 90112 5 rtl_pci,rtl8723de,btcoexist,phydm_mod,rtl8723_common
mac80211 786432 2 rtl_pci,rtlwifi
cfg80211 622592 2 rtlwifi,mac80211

looks like it is listed module:

try:
rfkill list

to see if anything is blocked

Do you see your device when running iwconfig?

1 Like

Do u have discord I wanna ask a few questions

Sorry, I don’t have discord.

1.) If a question related to this topic please post it here in this topic.

2.) If a question for another subject that relates to Parrot or tools/setup please post in appropriate thread or make a new one as it may help other users by answering your question. :slight_smile:

3.) Also make sure not to hijack threads if it turns out to be an unrelated question :wink:

I’m going to wait a day or two for your response to see if I need to unlist/lock this topic.

Well it kinda does I’m trying to find out how to connect my laptop to wifi as it wont let me I’m new to linux and have it as windows became bothersome and mac has alot of limits and me being new to linux means I barely know anything bout it

Older post (2019) and you had another open for subject but missed following guidelines. So this thread is Closed. We can move discussion over to your other topic after you edit/follow guidelines there in your edit:

https://community.parrotlinux.org/t/support-guidelines/1226