Glitched Screen

Briefly describe your issue below:

I’m running parrot, I believe the latest update, but I might have installed the one before, I’m not sure. I am using the 64 bit distro on a lenovo ideapad 320. My computer does dual boot with windows 10. Whenever I switch screen, my screen gets all glitched like the following I have found that using ctrl+alt+f1 and then ctrl+alt+f7 does temporarily fix it, until I need to change windows again. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Same issue here. Help would be greatly appreciated

Please include the version of parrot you are running, how you have it configured to boot (dual, VM etc), what method you used to install parrot with, and any previous troubleshooting steps you’ve tried/ what you suspect had led to this behavior and if possible a screenshot of relevant logs ( ex: Nvidia driver logs since this case deals with VGA output) so that we may help you.
Here is a good link to some hardware debugging commands: http://blog.robertelder.org/linux-hardware-debugging/ but of course the Parrot docs (in a few places but still easy to find and still there) on the new docs portal and also under FAQ on the main site.

As I stated in my post, I am dual booting it with windows 10, and I believe I am running the latest, which is 4.2.2. I do not know what caused this problem, but it started after I updated my system. I have figured out that the keyboard command above does temporarily fix it. I was not able to get an actual screen shot, because it came out as it SHOULD look, so I got a picture with an actual camera. I used a USB to use the graphical install. The attatched file is my boot log. output.txt.bz2 (17.9 KB)

I apologize I didnt read the line where you clearly said dual boot very well! Do you remember if you simply ran apt update , dist-upgrade or was there possibly an apt update apt upgrade or full-upgrade in the mix? I believe it to be best practice to use apt update && dist-upgrade as the other commands make things messy and lead to issues. I’m also experiencing issues with your attachment. Can you include a more mobile friendly image?

I have the same thing, HP 15-rb020ur , radeon graphics r2.
Glitch occurs if you go to the menu or select files on the desktop
parrot lastest x64 and upgrade & dist-upgrade.
it’s too sad

the command I ran was sudo apt update&&sudo apt upgrade -y Are you asking about the image of the screen I put, or the boot log?

at the time of glitch i have
“(EE) client bug : timer event28 debounce short: offset negative (-0ms)”
in /var/log/Xorg.0.log

I was asking if you were able to post a screenshot or image of the log but it would probably be a lot easier for you to just backup any important files and reinstall paying careful attention to any of the docs that are posted and perhaps re read the docs before just to help ensure a smooth process. I still am not quite sure what you mean by switching screens with it being a dual boot. Do you have dual monitors on your laptop?

No, I only have one screen. What i mean by switching screens is going from something like the terminal to firefox, or vise versa, or even when firefox opens and closes a dialog box.

Thanks for clarifying I understand a lot better about your setup description but I’ve never had an issue with it hanging up or glitching like that while the service isnt stopping or switching or starting so I’m not sure at all what it might be. Can you provide the information for your graphics drivers being used and the VGA and display services/drivers that your system is loading and having the issues while doing so? I think that may at least narrow it down. Also double check your dependencies and configs for them to ensure they are all squared away on that end.

Also I apologize I thought I had addressed this in one of my replies but I now see that I did not but I believe using apt upgrade instead of dist-upgrade is problematic. Do you have issues reloading your repo sources or any apt-key errors?

The problem is both before the update (right after the installation of the latest distribution) and after the update ( Apt upgrade & apt dist-upgrade)
I think the problem is in the driver, but the official installer of AMD drivers can not recognize the distr.
dpkg -i *amd64.deb in the folder with the driver also do not solve the problem.
and as I said at the time of glitch i have
“(EE) client bug : timer event28 debounce short: offset negative (-0ms)”
in /var/log/Xorg.0.log - I think it’s important
and get out these errors during the update
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega12_gpu_info.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega20_asd.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega20_sos.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega12_asd.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega12_sos.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vegam_rlc.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vegam_mec2.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vegam_mec.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vegam_me.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vegam_pfp.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vegam_ce.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega20_rlc.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega20_mec2.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega20_mec.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega20_me.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega20_pfp.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega20_ce.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega12_rlc.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega12_mec2.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega12_mec.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega12_me.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega12_pfp.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega12_ce.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vegam_sdma1.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vegam_sdma.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega20_sdma1.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega20_sdma.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega12_sdma1.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega12_sdma.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega20_uvd.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega12_uvd.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vegam_uvd.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega20_vce.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega12_vce.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vegam_vce.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega20_smc.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vega12_smc.bin for module amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vegam_smc.bin for module amdgpu
; no errors in sources or apt-key

Anybody? this OS is obviously more often used on laptops, many people will simply stop using such bugs without solving it, because not everyone who comes across the same bug reaches the forum and complains, it simply installs another OS

I’m not going to lie, that’s kinda what I did. I’m not running the 64bit kali KDE release

I’m sorry for the very late response, but I did kinda give up, and am now running kali.

I really apologize I was away for work and couldn’t get on here. I run a dedicated gpu (also unfortunately not amd) so I have not run into that issue (also a desktop) maybe @palinuro knows a little more? I did see some updates today that involved bumblebee I believe from what I was reading while it updated. Will check back later tonight hopefully with more info!

Unfortunately I can’t get my Lenovo resurrected and I don’t have any other laptops to use right now so hopefully palinuro will have some insight!

I’m having the exact same problems as described. Has anyone found a way to figure out the problem? I assume it has something do to with the internal graphics, but I wouldn’t know where to start to fix the issue. Thanks

Is there any solution? Ive got same problem… Im using amd card also