Glitched Screen

I apologize i thought it had posted but i suppose not, the drivers work for nvidia i thonk still sometimes iffy on AMD the main cause is probably to do ith lack of a package(s) or held ones that you dont need or want or acpi settings, needing nomodeset com,and at grub boot etc

and you point the real problem of this distro… there is no help for all problems users meet… they lose a lot of users like that… they make ton of useless post about update and upgrade, and dev posts without dev but they dont solve problems like that… this distro will die if they dont put a lot of effort in that before want upgrade and upgrade!!! Kali and backbox etc laugh about this forum…

Well to be fair thats sometimes (like the graphics drivers) uncontrollable if its not supported by what it is based off of (debian hasnt supported it yet, thus the instances in that code arent defined so it cant be executed and expected to know what to do) it definitely takes reading the docs not just on here (which is an issue that is being addressed but unfortunately it takes time as well) and sometimes on debian.org and the package/modules website or whathaveyou. Being a test distro rather than a “safe guaranteed everything has support 100% and works” sometimes the work just needs needs to be done because its never been designed to run on that specific environment or in collaboration with a different object etc i think its great that more emphasis on keeping true to the constantly updated promise parrot is based on. Most of the time though when things are “broken” its more that it required the user to use certain parameters or have certain prerequisites that was in the documentation that users miss or dont read entirely.

I have same problem too,but i fixed.
At the System>Preferences>Hardware>Displays
Change the Resolution to lower i used 1280x720 before that 1366x768 and apply.
The problem now are fixed.Your screen resolution now have A Little blurry but not too blurry but its ok.I hope the developer will fixed it soon at the next Updates for user have a full resolution,Thanks.

Hey all, I found a solution to this.

Go into your MATE Tweak settings, go to Windows, and in the Window Manager box change it from Macro (Adaptive compositer) to Macro (Compton GPU compositer)

It worked perfectly for me!

From Display Serttings Change Screen Resolution to your actual Screen Size & Change Refresh Rate hope that works :wink:

Have not seen the replies until now but that did work. Thanks!

Solved this as far as for being unable to install parrot 4.6 because of the flickering screen.

1. boot into your usb stick with parrot 4.6 on it
  2. First screen should be displayed normal. The display bug starts after chosing an install method (at least here).
  3. in this menu you can edit the screen resolution by pushing the TAB button on your keyboard. Now you will see a command line at the bottom.
  4. Here it says for example xrdhrtjc VGA=788 jhfghlkgumjfnt VESA and so on.
    5 I edited the 788 to 1600 and pushed enter
  5. It tells me that this resolution is unknown and I get many possible resolutions shown on my laptop now.
  6. I chose “o” which here is the resolution for 1920x1080x32 VESA

DONE! Now parrot displays the installation process without any graphic problems.

What you really need to know is that you can change settings by pushing the TAB button while in the first screen after booting parrot from usb! The screen which tells you “live”, “encrypted”, “install”, and so on. Also you can edit settings for each entry! So let’s say you want do do a “standard install”: you will need to select “standard install” but DO NOT confirm it! First push the TAB button and change the commandline that shows up in order to change display settings! Now you can go on with the installation without getting stucked because of the display glitches that make an installation impossible. This goes for each entry in the parrot boot menu, ok? If you want do do “GTK Install”, then you need to change settings for this special entry.