Hacking wifi

I have a problem, when I use airgeddon or any other wifi hacking app, enter the monitor mode and search for wifi, it can’t find a single wifi, any help? The wifi just works fine for me.

What model/chip is your WiFi card?

The reason I ask is some WiFi cards have difficulty with monitor mode. They even pretend to go into monitor mode without actually doing anything. Some chip manufacturers allow you to “set” monitor mode, but do not share the necessary driver/firmware except for in business inquiries…

I’m not saying this is your problem (as we have very little information so far). But maybe we can help investigate.

please issue:

lspci|grep -i network

Paste output as a response and we can see what kind of capability your card has

03:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 802.llac Wireless Network Adapter (rev 31) @RightToPrivacy - Is there any way, I can fix this?

I have the same exact built in card. The consumer drivers have no true monitor mode functionality. Qualcomm apparently does have ability to make working monitor mode but you would need to pay for proprietary drivers according to https://developer.qualcomm.com/forum/qdn-forums/hardware/qca9377/34827

So it will enter “monitor” state but won’t actually pick up any networks unless you buy their services. This is really unfortunate.

If you find a way to get it working please do reply. I’d love to hear a solution :wink: for now I have a few USB cards that serve the purpose :slight_smile:

Yeah, well if you say that it does not work, do I need to get Network Adapter, which ones do you recommend?

I have tha Alfa AWUS036NHA with the Atheros AR9271. It works perfectly with Kali (aircrack I think and others). Dead cheap on ebay. I’d do that before adding to what you have.