Hello. How can I install Parrot Security OS on my laptop as main...? it won't let me... i boot the usb with rufus and it won't let me... when i start the system from the usb (it is not configured). I get this error. I have searched and written lines of co

Hello. How can I install Parrot Security OS on my laptop as main…? it won’t let me… i boot the usb with rufus and it won’t let me… when i start the system from the usb (it is not configured). I get this error. I have searched and written lines of code to solve it… and. nothing at all… This is the error: The rule-based manager for device events and files could not be started. I have windows 11

hi @Carlos_Torres
could you please give us some more information, try making the usb with balena etcher or unetbootin. check your BIOS settings (make sure you have secure boot disabled).

Good morning
the most common reasons Linux fails to load are,
Corrupt download,
wrong image downloaded [Arm instead of AMD etc 64 bit instead of 32 bit on old machines]
bad burn of the ISO to the installation medium [check the Sha sum]
old/worn/damaged installation medium [dodgy pen drives are difficult to spot, use one of good quality cleaned and formatted Fats or XFats]
Not deactivating Windows quick start or secure before loading

Rufus is fine if you’re burning with windows, but often causes problems with other OS’s, try Etcher if you’re using mac or Linux

If you use Rufus to burn your ISO`s to USB then make sure you select the " dd " option it shows you just before you burn it :slight_smile:

2 Likes