help to put older kernel on parot os

I would like to put an old kernel at least 5.3.9 on my parot os system, but I don’t know how to do it and my parot os system has a 5.14.9 kernel. so why do I want to put an older kernel infact these to download the driver for my external network card alpha awus1900 so that I can download the driver I have to put an older kernel because I have errors with the kernel that I ai, when i type last command sudo make dkms_install i hope you can help me solve my problem

Hello. Exactly what kind of error are you having? I do not recommend using an older kernel, you will end up with a lot of problems, rather let’s see what the problem is with your wifi card.

I followed a tutorial on the internet the problem on the last step I typed

sudo make dkms_install

and i got this as an error

using module:
cleaning build area…
‘make’ -j2 KVER=5.14.0-9parrot1-amd64 KSRC=/lib/modules/5.14.0-9parrot1-amd64/build… …(bad exit status: 2)
Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 5.14.0-9parrot1-amd64 (x86_64)
Consult /var/lib/dkms/8814au/5.8.5.1/build/make.log for more information.
make: *** [Makefile:2410:dkms_install] Error 10

that normally I should have like that as a message

DKMS: install completed.
dkms status
8814au, 5.8.5.1, 5.9.0-kali2-amd64, x86_64: installed

you can help me please

Here is the link of the site where I followed the tutorial

Before doing similar operations, however, I recommend that you update the system with sudo parrot-upgrade. By the way, I hope you to have rightly followed the steps of the guide:

sudo apt update
sudo apt install git build-essential libelf-dev linux-headers-`uname -r` debhelper dpkg-dev dkms bc

and then

git clone https://github.com/aircrack-ng/rtl8814au
cd rtl8814au
sudo make dkms_install

Check it again please. Otherwise, follow this guide: https://github.com/morrownr/8814au
It looks acceptable.

Remember to follow the steps that strictly concern Debian.

OK, thanks

c’est bon j’ai fait l’installation tous ces bien passe .mais ca ne marche pas .enfaite j’ai le wifi met quand je tape ifconfig j’ai ca comme resultat wlx00c0caae8b10

et le mode monitor et l’injection de paquet ne fonctionne pas

Forgive me, but I don’t understand what you wrote, write in english please.

it’s good I installed all these things going well. but it doesn’t work. in fact I have the wifi on when I type ifconfig I have this as a result wlx00c0caae8b10

and monitor mode and packet injection does not work

Ok, so that name (wlx00c0caae8b10) is associated with your wifi card. Have you checked that this adapter supports monitor mode? If I remember correctly you can see it with the iw list command. It is obvious that if it is not there, it means that it is not supported.

yes this adapter supports monitor mode and packet injection I have seen in many tutorials on the internet

yes it’s good I typed the iwlist command and the monitor mode and the injection and supported

Great, did you follow those two guides written above to install the drivers correctly? Anyway, once installed, you have to put this wifi card in monitor mode, search on google or wherever you prefer.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.