How to not be "sandboxed"!

Briefly describe your issue below:
I am being limited to using the full capabilities of my new parrot security os. I would like to know why i am being denied the liberties of an adult while they keep me down in the sandbox. How can i get big?

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)
Parrot GNU/Linux Release 4.5 64-bit 11.6 GB RAM Intel Core i7-5500U CPU @ 2.4GHz x 4
What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
Wrote iso file to usb and installed manually partitioned.
Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
Not a dual boot.
If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:
“Application Name” (sandboxed or root) on every app i open!!!

Not sure if this is a philosophical question, or a parrot question.

Firejail sandboxing is there to protect you and your system, not limit/ restrict you. If firejail is limiting an applications functionality, you could modify its profile yourself, or report it to us.

You can remove firejail, but its not recommended.

How to modify firejail profile?

You should be able to find enough information in the firejail docs.

https://firejail.wordpress.com/documentation-2/building-whitelisted-profiles/

Kinda like asking “Why is there a safety on this fully automatic assault weapon…?” imho.

1 Like

Here is 2 other ways to do run application without sandbox feature:

• open terminal and run firejail --noprofile <application>
  • Right click on Mate menu -> edit menu -> find the application shortcut, click edit. You can add firejail --noprofile in the start of command. This method will “toggle” no sandbox when you run it from menu.

I’d recommend you do it, if:

• firejail profile has bug, and application can’t be started, and you can’t fix it (or don’t want to fix it yourself)
  • You think it is safe (I don’t run Virtual box under firejail sandbox as well)
    Honestly, I removed firejail before because It makes everything looks harder. But when I learned to learn with it, I started loving it.
1 Like