How to upgrade on Parrot 4.4 KDE Plasma

Hello Everybody! I’m new guy here who from Parrot Security Community Of China.Thanks for created so wonderful system!And Sorry for not be good at English.

Now i have a trouble when i upgrade my Parrot 4.4 KDE Plasma installed on VBox.
Usually,i need to change my source.list to another mirror named TUNA(As some well-known reason,we cannot use the offical mirror in our country.)
At the first times, I use the command sudo parrot-upgrade to do it, and it became MATE but not KDE when I restart my system. So I think this command can not used to upgrade on this version.
At the 2nd times,I wanna to upgrade with Synaptic Package Manager. After i change the repository to TUNA and reload,i found some KDE package would be uninstalled And some MATE package will be installed.This is not the result I want.

When i checked the document, I cannot found the answer. So I need some help for anybody.
Is it developing so that cannot be upgrade?Which Source(or Mirror, sorry i don’t know how to express) need i choose?

Looking forward to any help.And Thanks for create this project again.

PS:We don’t know why we can’t input hte chinese characters with Parrot,it happed before lots of version.I don’t know if anybody feedback this problem.I wanna to find a new way and it also the reason why i have tried the KDE version.

PPS:If you know why we cannot input the chinese characters,welcome to reply me by any way.

I’m having the same problem on ohisical machine in Europe. The first install is great but after the update kde disappear and I only get mate. How to fix it?

try

sudo apt install parrot-kde

i still have no answer for OP (please create own post @sticozzi I dont know anything about chinese language addons unfortunately

1 Like