I can't install ProtonVPN

Hello, I am a beginner and I come from Ubuntu.
Following the Debian guide on the Proton VPN site I have a problem that prevents me from installing it.
(Parrot Security Edition KDE Desktop Version 5.0)

The terminal tells me:

$sudo apt-get install protonvpn
Reading list of packages… Done
Creating dependency tree… Done
Reading status information… Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you asked for an impossible situation or, if you are using the unstable distribution, that some necessary packages have not yet been created or have been pulled from “Incoming”.
The following information may help resolve the situation:

The following packages have unfulfilled dependencies:
python3-protonvpn-nm-lib : Broken: protonvpn-cli (< 3.11.0) but 2.2.4-2 is going to be installed.
E: Could not fix the problems, you have retained broken packages.

Here is the screenshot (Spanish):

I have searched and tried for days to fix the error on my own but have found nothing. This is my last hope, I’m desperate… :frowning:

1 Like

Welcome to Parrot Community, @ChunChoc :parrot:

These steps hopefully work:

1. Download the deb package from https://protonvpn.com/download/protonvpn-stable-release_1.0.1-1_all.deb
  2. Click on the deb package just downloaded to install using Parrot OS’s apt package manager
  3. Run: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install protonvpn

Miguel, trataste de arreglar los paquetes rotos?

Prueba con esto:
$ sudo apt --fix-missing update
$ sudo apt update
$ sudo apt install -f

Espero que te sirva.

for apt install protonvpn it’s not available on parrot repo, dpkg should be used for deb package
and i guess there are unmet dependencies, not sure of this right now, didn’t look into it for a while

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.