Initramfs problem. Drops to a shell!

I installed a new copy of parrot OS and I am facing this issue. I wiped my entire disk and tried again. The same problem has persisted. After entering the ‘exit’ command. This is the output I get.
Gave up waiting for root device. Common problems: — Boot args (cat /proc/cmdline) — Check rootdelay= (did the system wait long enough?) — Check root= (did the system wait for the right device?) — Missing modules (cat /proc/modules; ls /dev) ALERT! /dev/sda9 does not exist.
Dropping to a shell!

BusyBox v.1.20.2 (Ubuntu 1:1.20.2-1ubuntu1) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for list of built-in commands.

(initramfs)

This is the first time it has started happening and most other forums I have seen regarding this problem have solutions that aren’t working. What can be the problem ? I have even tried to install different versions of the same OS and everytime the same probblem persists.

What version of Parrot are you running?
Parrot-kde-security-4.7_amd64.iso

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
Debian GTK(UEFI)

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
yes

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

Gave up waiting for root device. Common problems: — Boot args (cat /proc/cmdline) — Check rootdelay= (did the system wait long enough?) — Check root= (did the system wait for the right device?) — Missing modules (cat /proc/modules; ls /dev) ALERT! /dev/sda9 does not exist.
Dropping to a shell!

The devs are working hard to fix some problems!
read this

please be patient!

Thanks. Any idea when will it be fixed ?

my glass sphere says … nope! :wink:

no,sorry

well back to kali we go sadly :confused:

You can use what ever you want
The link of 4.7 version on the home page is BETA LINK while official stable version is still 4.6

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.