Install finished but "no bootable media" error

version 4.7 KDE edition
install method: instead of selecting live I selected installer near the bottom of the list I think between advanced options & GTK installer

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no) not this install trial

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

“no bootable media” after reboot

There may be a problem with your source for installation. What did you use to create the disk? Etcher or dd command or was it something else like unetbootin (I had this error when installing from unetbootin burned to usb)

etcher is recommended but I have had good experiences using dd command personally.

I used etcher in windows 10. I don’t think that I can use CD as I don’t have a working Linux installed. Can CD be used from the live USB?

You can boot live then download parrot & burn to USB while running live version (if you have enough ram). This is exactly what I had to do when unetbootin gave me a bad install.

Ensure settings in bios are correct for booting/installation on your machine. Default settings may not boot… For myself that meant disabling secureboot & enabling UEFI in preparation for installation/boot. Newer machines can be especially fickle.

If you want to use dd command (replacing /dev/sdc with your media device and parrot iso with exactly location of .iso image:

sudo dd status=progress if=parrot-security-4.2_amd64.iso of=/dev/sdc

So I had similar issue to you. I had an unusable system and I was able to download the parrot.iso file and burn it while using the live distro. This all depends how much RAM you have but to be safe don’t use any other apps to conserve that ram for the burning process.

Let me know how it goes :slightly_smiling_face:

I forgot to mention that in the install I didn’t force Jedi install and I eventually want to have a dual boot system. Does this change you answer?

Thank you so much
AP

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.