Installation FROZEN

hi
my installation is frozen, i am installing parrot security, the latest version available in the official web, in the moment “copy data to disk”, i dont believe with this represent thing of progress, is minor a 3% of 100%, the hard disk is empty follow all your instruccions in the community i have a hp with proccesor amd a6 the model of notebook is Pavilion G4, somebody is can remeber a procces in why fail, my native idiome is spanish, i am learnig to speak and write in inglish, i am wishing you have respond me, hurry please

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)

parrot security Parrot-security-3.11_amd64

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)

Debian gtk

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
no

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

What kind of installation you did ? Was it a regular one, or with LVM/Encryption ?
And how did you write the parrot ISO on your external drive for installation ?

Also i don’t understand the error you get, a picture of your screen would help

I did an installation from usb with etcher setup 1.3.1 64 bts was regular, without encryption

usb live works fine but not installation
installation in hard drive is no work

I downloaded the parrot 3.11 the live dktop works well
but when installing on different occasions the process is frozen in the installation, install it with the software of the official page and I look for more information about UEFI, inherited system? safe boot, hard disk in fat or as free space, I want to install encrypted. but if it fails, maybe my download file may be corrupted, is there a file checklist?

Yes there’s a file check list, if you are on Linux, go to https://cdimage.parrotsec.org/parrot/iso/3.11/signed-hashes.txt then run in terminal in the same location as your iso "hash"sum "the-iso" , example : sha512sum Parrot64Amd.iso

For Windows there’s http://code.kliu.org/hashcheck/

I think that Parrot works on UEFI so you might need to disable legacy boot in bios options and boot on your USB with UEFI enabled.

Next time you install the iso, if you get the error, try getting a picture with a phone or something of the error and post it there its easy.

1 Like