Installing Parrot Sec OS on a 2nd HDD?

Hey guys!

First of all, my english skills are weak so I may need “simple” explanations :sweat_smile:

I got a laptop with two separate hard drives: a SSD hosting Windows 10 and a HDD hosting nothing for now. I don’t think I can physically unplug them since it’s a brand new laptop from ASUS!

What I want is to install the Security Edition of Parrot OS on my HDD (289Go free), so I can choose between Windows and Parrot everytime I start my laptop.

So firstly, how can I install Parrot OS on my second hard drive? Can I do it from Windows or should I use a USB? I may need a step-by-step explanation :joy:

Secondly, after Parrot is installed, is there a way to get my computer asking me which OS I want to use ? Without using the BIOS / boot menu everytime ?

Thank you all :smiley:

P.S. : I can easily communicate in french if needed!

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)
:x:
What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:
If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

Create an installation USB. When you get to the partitioning drives part of installation, make sure you choose the correct drive.

When you install parrot it will also install grub. So if you set it to boot Parrot first in the bios, grub will let you choose between windows and parrot, on start up.

You might find some useful information in the docs https://www.parrotsec.org/docs/.

1 Like

Great, thanks a lot! I’ll come back here if I don’t succeed

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.