Internet stop working after I've started ANONSURF

Bug spotted. I was surprised because i tried to create custom sys unit for tor and i got that problem. I can’t believe that is new problem and it could be anybody’s problem.
So please help me this

1. Start anonsurf sudo anonsurf start
  2. If you get error tor doesn’t work (just check quickly by nyx or anonsurf status), then run sudo journalctl -xe
  3. Read error msg and send me the error here so i can see what is happening
    Please notice that Tor doesn’t work here is tor can’t start by systemd. It is different from tor network doesn’t work but nyx still asks for control password which tor service is started.
    Bug info:
Jun 18 04:48:40 parrot systemd[1]: [email protected]: Start request repeated too quickly.
Jun 18 04:48:40 parrot systemd[1]: [email protected]: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=974477

@PTester1 @noob_admin please help me this (if you are still having the problem)

hi @dmknght .I had the same problem and the problem is sloved after editing /etc/anonsurf/torrc.base

1 Like

Whenever i open Anonsurf i lose connection from internet.
I tried these bot no one of them worked for me

https://community.parrotsec.org/t/problem-connecting-to-the-internet-with-anonsurf/13778/2

Hi dmknght! Everything is working fine after reinstalling tor and anonsurf. But i did as you said:

#demonize$
#RunAsDaemon 1$

nothing changed. Anonsurf is working

ah that is the fix for the anonsurf if it doesn’t work. So on your side with current version it works fine. If you have time please help me test the newer version in https://nest.parrotsec.org/packages/tools/anonsurf/-/jobs/1891/artifacts/download

1 Like

I’m willing to try it,given i’m having issues accessing the preinstalled version…
i’ve downloaded the deb. packages,but the system shows conflicts with the older installed version.
So,how should i go about safely removing the older version so that i can install the new deb. files?

Okay,so i’ve installed these packages and i’m still not able to use Anonsurf,no different from the preinstalled version.
so clearly,i’m having some other issues…

what i did notice with the file you’ve shared,is that once activated and deactivated,my vpn client wasn’t able to establish a connection,automatically or manually…
so,perhaps that’s potential feedback you need for your beta,or perhaps it could point towards the issue i’m encountering with either version…?

I’m sorry i applied apparmor hardening and it prevents anonsurf creating dns settings and torrc settings. I’m working on it right now.

1 Like

Helping ? With pleasure, but i must warn you that i’m not very tech savvy.
So, i downloaded the file, unzipped it, and tried the launchers (those of “parrot-build”, of course). They worked (start, stop, and change exit node. status is fine as well).
Can i do anything more ? Would you like some logs ?

Hi dmknight
I have spent a lot of time to solve the issue but no success. I’ve reinstalled the Parrot OS, set it up on virtualbox - no results. So I have decided to setup a whonix gateway and all is working perfectly now.
I dont know why is not working on my machine. When I type “tor status” it is active but anonsurf tells me please run tor first and its like a loop. So whonix it was fastest and easies way to solve the issue.

the file with url is having a mistake in apparmor. By now i’m debugging other problem which has no apparmor.

tor service always shows actived even it is failed to active. sudo journalctl -xe could show some logs but it doesn’t very helpful sometime. It is the same problem on my development version now: Tor can’t start, everything is fine, start anonsurf then sudo service tor start and it works perfectly.
I blame systemd for this.

Granted,i wouldn’t even call myself a novice at this,i typically can follow along and grasp enough to resolve most issues.
but with this,that hasn’t been the case…
i have read the thread and see a multitude of potential fixes,but until i can get someone to respond directly,which one to use without creating more trouble,is beyond me…?

i’ve tried the beta you’ve worked on and still have the same issue i have with the preinstalled version of anonsurrf.
as soon as i activate,within moments i lose connection to internet via the vpn.i go a step further and disable the vpn,and still no connection available…
i try to open the tor browser and nothing loads,i get a message saying that the browser is already open,which leads ne to believe that anonsurt is tunneling via tor…?
that what seem like a good thing,i suppose?
but still,no connection to the web is available…

how can i troubleshoot this?

i’m asking because that was the most attractive and talked about feature with ParrotOS,one i haven’t been able to use since installing the OS.
overall the os is great,I’d just like to get some advice on how to proceed…?
am i better off looking into something like tails or whonix,or is this something that i can resolve with a little assistance?
that’s basically where i am at the moment,and if removing anonsurf and freeing up space for something else is a better option, (though i don’t want to do that),it seems like my only option…?

Help,if you can…?
it’s greatly appreciated,thanks in advance…

The command sudo journalctl -b -u [email protected] should show error log of tor can’t start by anonsurf. It would be nice if you can help me run it and capture the log. I’m seeing a tor can't read torrc error and trying to solve it.

New version
https://nest.parrot.sh/packages/tools/anonsurf/-/jobs/1959/artifacts/download

tested this ,it works without any errors :smiley:

output of sudo journalctl -b -u [email protected]

nyx/anonsurf status

No password ask for nyx? strange!

yes it Asked for it ,i entered the default one

Now
1st time it worked after tor -f /etc/anonsurf/torrc
but now it does not work ,even the stable version(2.13.1+parrot0) after tor -f /etc/anonsurf/torrc also(No Internet):frowning_face:

also nyx/anonsurf status does not work after starting anonsurf

before starting anonsurf
2020-06-29_15-21 2020-06-30nyx-eop
after starting
2020-06-29_15-16 2020-06-30nyx-eopo2

i even reinstalled Tor and Nyx but it did not work either.
hoping for a fix !