Is it possible to run a vpn after activating AnonSurf?

Is it possible to run a vpn after activating AnonSurf?

If so, it would be really helpful to both access websites that restrict tor, as well as avoid getting flagged by isps etc as using tor.

If it’s possible, can someone explain the steps to do this?

Maybe using openvpn?

yes, it called VPN over Tor

i have no experience to do this with AnonSurf, but

it seem so, try it after start AnonSurf

I tried using a .ovpn file with sudo openvpn and it works when not running anonsurf, but it kills all internet activity if I try to do it after starting anonsurf.

I’ve tried anonsurf “kill” open process and “don’t kill” processes, but I can’t get it to work.

Am I missing a step?

huh, maybe the VPN doesn’t connect through AnonSurf and there is a killswitch (or something else? i don’t know)

It’s just basic routing knowledge

Can you elaborate on this is a bit, or maybe provide a link to an article or video?

Is it something that can be worked around via a TOR Bridge?

i don’t think so

after @dmknght hint I looked at the source code of the daemon and found that these things might be related

/usr/bin/dnstool address 127.0.0.1
	/usr/sbin/iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -d 127.0.0.1/32 -p udp -m udp --dport 53 -j REDIRECT --to-ports $DNS_PORT
1 Like

This part is to set system use localhost addr and tells iptables to routes all dns requests to localhost, which routes everything to Tor’s DNS addr

1 Like

This topic is not the first topic. There are too many topic about this question over years. Again, I suggest user to research very basic knowledge of VPN and Tor transparent proxy

1 Like

Thank you I will read through all of this.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.