Is using apt-get instead of just apt on parrot a security risk?

just wondering, I did: apt update && apt full-upgrade first which works

but then started an install script that contains apt-get update && apt-get upgrade

Hello. No. But if you use apt it’s better, it has something more.

1 Like

Welcome
APT is the latest version, containing packages from the old apt-get and apt-cache folders and a few newer ones
should you use apt or apt-get? As a regular Linux user, I prefer to go with apt. For the common tools, but sometimes you are going to do specific operations that need to utilize the wider features of apt-get.

1 Like

I still don’t get the part “it installs script” and “security risk”. Like is seeing a girl means you are a rapist?

Just to add, both APT and the older APT-GET are Debian package instructions, there is NO difference to the innate security risks of your installation

1 Like

I see your point it was a dumb question. I find Linux difficult but I really like this distro dunno why it must be the appearance of it. There where issues installing VPN and dependency stuff so I cant use it as my main.

Thank you for the feedback folks.

There is no such thing as a dumb question, If you are not sure, ask.
I assume you are a newcomer to Linux, here are a couple of articles to read
https://linux.oneandoneis2.org/LNW.htm

I have a car driving licence , a motorcycle one and formally a truck one, all three vehicles do their job well, but are different in the way you control them, Linux V Windows V Mac is exactly the same you need to learn how it handles
Whenever you change operating systems, you will have this learning curve, so do not panic, sit back, kick off your shoes, grab a beer and enjoy the ride.

No it wasn’t very dumb but the 2 thing didn’t relate to each other so much, really. But seriously, if you want to ask something, especially for help, i’d suggest you to:

1. Research some basic information on the internet first. If you are so new, then it’s possibly thousand people asked the same question on the other forums.
  2. Think about the way you ask. Your question should make sense.
  3. If you want to ask something about the system, it’s better to provide the system info. If you want to ask about bugs, check error logs and send them is the best way for everybody to help you.

It’s not that hard. Trust me. There are the other fellows who used *nix system when ADSL invented.

The dependencies is not an easy issue. And well you can check my suggestions above.

1 Like

Reinstall is the ultimate solution LuL.