Version: 4.11.2
Desktop Environment: Mac OS 11.4
Edition: Security

2. If you have this problem after fresh installation:

1. How did you create USB bootable?

• etcher
    • etcher walkthrough
  2. How did you install OS?

• default desktop installer. Partitioned external ssd via installer with guid map. Have picked both my internal and external drives for efi location with no success

4. How did you get this error? Are there any steps to procedure it?

1. Let installer complete.
2. Option booted Mac
3. Parrot OS on ssd not a boot option. Efi boot for live usb shows and internal drive shows. 

5. Error log or screenshot

followed guide to attempt to fix grub. Can get to step 3 but cannot go past “mount /dev/sdaX /mnt
When attempting”mount — bind /proc /mnt/proc” presented with error mount point does not exist.

Tried to proceed further my creating the /mnt/boot/efi directory on my internal and external drives with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated cause I’m trying to delve into learning Linux. 10 years with Mac OS troubleshooting but nothing much with this.

Ok so update here, I did yet another fresh install. This time, before allowing parrot to automatically restart I chose to manually shut down. After doing so I removed the USB drive I installed from and low and behold it booted to my SSD with parrot on it. Was able to repeatedly boot to parrot until i shut down, option booted and then again the drive doesn’t show in my bootloader. Been surfing around trying to see if I can find anything about restrictive booting in mac os cause I know they’ve really cracked down on their security…

No luck so far, and again any help would be appreciated

Another development. Seems to be specific to parrot or similar builds. I was able to fresh install a copy of ubuntu and boot to it using option boot. I’m thinking maybe the parrot installer doesn’t write things properly for the use I’m after‽

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.