Issue with gateway/DNS config files

Briefly describe your issue below:

When I’m on my home network (or any other network for that matter) parrot is still trying to resolve DNS queries via my phones hotspot gateway (172.20.10.1). it seems to be stuck somehow according to wireshark, however when you do “nmcli dev show | grep DNS” on cmd prompt it shows correct gate way (192.168.50.1). BUT, If you do “cat /etc/resolv.conf” it shows “nameserver 172.20.10.1”. the problem to me seems to be that certain network files are automatically switching according to the network their on.

Here is a timeline of events with comments/screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/FBTyYq1

I believe this all started happening after using anon surf but I’m not 100% sure.
I’ve been using parrot for almost a year now, I absolutely love it, I’ve never faced this issue before which leads me to believe it might be related to recent updates.

Thank you in advance.

What version of Parrot are you running?
4.8 64-bit
Kernal Linux 5.4.0-4parrot1-amd64 x86_64
MATE 1.24.0

Configured to multiboot with other systems? no

So to be clear you’re able to connect to the interwebs? It has to do with how the dns backend files are parsered and which ones take priority over which others. Look under /run instead of /etc, /run is where the running configurations and sockets are.

thank you so much! fixed it! also reconfiged nameserver now its working :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.