Issues with auto-mounting sdcards

this is a two part question,hopefully someone will be able to assist…

I’ll start with saying that if i mount the SDcard manually,all is well,and it reads/writes perfectly fine…
but,when set to auto-mount at boot time,the card shows as mounted but the OS isn’t able to read from the card.if i go in and disable the auto-mount option,and enable manually,the OS reads it just fine…
what could be causing this?
in theory,the system shouldn’t have trouble with reading devices it recolonizes from prior sessions,right?

i ask this because what it would when attempting to add additional memory via sd,or slimfit usb.
i’d like to be able to run files or programs from them,or potentially use the method to increase ram,but if the system cant auto detect them when set,that will likely be an issue…

i know that in widows,if you attempt to launch or download certain programs,like photoshop for example,to external memory,you will get an error message.
but,if you attach that same device to an existing drive as expanded memory,windows treats it as internal memory,and allows you to both download and launch from it,as it sees it as internal memory.
it’s a workaround,but it works…
i’d like to be able to do that here with linux,but i’m still trying to figure out all of the things like i’ve asked above…
perhaps the issue wouldn’t be the same with devices mounted via usb and its only sd?
maybe you all can help me understand this…

thanks in advance…

Briefly describe your issue below:

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.