Keyboard keys getting stuck regularly

I’ve installed Parrot OS on my Macbook Air 2015 (single booting). I’m using 5.5.0-1parrot1-amd64, the home version with the security stuff installed on top. I’m also using MATE if that has any impact on things.

The problem I am having is that randomly and without warning keys will get stuck. Usually this happens with the arrow keys, backspace and enter, but it has happened on other keys too. When I had MacOS installed I had never experienced any keys getting stuck even once so It’s a bit strange that it’s happening now.

I know that I can go into keyboard settings and disable “Key presses repeat when key is held down” but this is really inconvenient because when I’m writing code or re-typing something I need to press the back key multiple times.

I doubt it’s related to my problem, but worth mentioning just in case, as I can’t find the exact keyboard layout for my mac in the keyboard settings I am using the closest matching version instead.

I have seen this which sounds similar but the fix didn’t work

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.