Krusader file manager

hi, I found an interesting file manager I like to try out, but I have problems setting it up. one of the things is to setup an external terminal, can anybody tell me where I am supposed to find mate terminal and also an editor. It seems like krusader don’t have an internal terminal and editor so I need to set it up. I think the development of krusader is stoped, but I wanted to use it as it felt like a manager I found usefull compared to others wich i(maybe because I’m new and don’t know how to get around with caja or other to do what I want.

Any program (executable) normalluy installed to the system can be found in /bin (binary) or /sbin (system binary) directories. Any editor is any program for processing, viewing, or editing text. Nano, gedit, vi, kate, geany, etc. are all editors.

1 Like

Thanks Muroga, It’s now all sett up.I found som of the programs in /bin and some in /sbin, yeh it’s alot of learning. I should have some constucted tutoring about linux system. thanks…

the apropos command is your friend here, friend :slight_smile:

for example to find terminal emulators installed/commands with descriptions try:

apropos terminal

for the editors you need to find try:

apropos editor

Then move on to reading the man pages for more detailed info on each. From here you can learn the whole system to find what you need.

2 Likes

Using the man command has helped me a bunch of times. Most of the tools in the terminal will even have examples in the man pages (which is awesome). I have never had any formal training in Linux, but youtube, forums, man command, and the Linux Bible (which you can find on amazon) have been a huge help in learning Linux. I’m no developer but I am getting better. :bulb:

2 Likes