L2ping Can't Connect

Briefly describe your issue below:

When running commands (playing with bluesnarfer) such as l2ping^C or l2ping , terminal returns an error or 0 bytes on the MAC ping. Can anyone please help me fix this issue?

hci0 is UP and RUNNING and I can pair the computer to other devices.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)
uname output: Linux parrot 4.19.0-parrot1-13t-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.13-1parrot1.13t (2019-01-09) x86_64 GNU/Linux (Security Edition)

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental) Encrypted Persistence USB (flashed from Windows with recommended balena etcher)

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:
l2ping ^C:
“Can’t connect: Host is down”

l2ping :
Returns 0 bytes on every channel.

“host is down” typically means you have got the MAC address wrong, or the host is actually down.

Try using hcitool scan, that will output MAC addresses of nearby devices. You can then use those addresses with l2ping (sudo l2ping <MAC>).

Hmm… KidKlown thanks for the reply. This is after I’ve used “hcitool scan” to discover the mac address of my phone and then attempt to ping that address with “l2ping addresss”. The host down message returns after “l2ping ^C.”

I’ve tested Bluetooth functionality by pairing my computer and phone and sending files between them. Bluetooth is working, MAC is correct, hci0 is up, running, and behaving normally. Still, l2ping returns 0 bytes or a a host-down error depending on how I use it.

Any more advice would be greatly appreciated, as I feel stunted in my ability to use any of the bundled Bluetooth related tools in Parrot.

Thanks!

Is there any other devices you can try ping?.

Not sure what you mean by “l2ping ^C”, do you mean it doesnt output anything until you kill it?

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.