little issue after upgrade to parrot 4.9 version

Hello parrot community,

I am new to the forum parrot but I have been using it for four years. I use Parrot OS Sec. 64 Bit on an AMD Phenom™ II X4 965 Machine/Workstation. I did this: sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade
to get Parrot OS Sec. 4.9 so after this I could’t use Pitivi (Video editor for Linux) to render my videos (audio/video creator). I tried reinstalling via synaptic pitivi. But I got this error message:

E: firmware-b43-installer: »installiertes firmware-b43-installer-Skript des Paketes post-installation«-Unterprozess gab den Fehlerwert 123 zurück
E: firmware-b43legacy-installer: »installiertes firmware-b43legacy-installer-Skript des Paketes post-installation«-Unterprozess gab den Fehlerwert 123 zurück

Issue is in german, do you have a Idea how to slove this.

Kind Regards

David

Sorry,since i started using linux, i never ever came across Subprocess Error 123 , nor i could find any info about it but i’ll leave the translation:

E: firmware-b43-installer: The subprocess "Installed firmware-b43 installation script of the package after installation" returned the error value 123
E: Firmware b43legacy installer: The subprocess "Installed firmware b43legacy installation script of the package after installation" returned an error value of 123

maybe someone else could help you.

Thank you for the translation :+1:

I’m experiencing the same issue with b43, and kali throughs me the same, i’m not sure if it’s a package installation bug or if i’m misunderstanding something… i will update this post if i can get a solution. lets pray

this issue is currently under discussion
Here : Bug#956858: firmware-b43-installer.postinst returns with error

Hi
this could help them

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.