Login loop

Briefly describe your issue below:

I am having an issue at the main login screen, it installed just fine but i cant login despite having the correct password.
I am running version 4.2.2 i am not dual booting it is a standalone system on a desktop. I used a usb boot device to install.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

Have you tried logging in to the console?
ctrl + alt + f1
Try and log in there. (ctrl + alt + f7 to get back to the gui)

Hey.

Had this issue today actually
Carried out the following steps

#Get to the command line

1. ctrl + alt + f1
  2. log in using your normal username and password

#Change some permissions

1. sudo Chown $USER:$USER .Xauthority

#Back to the GUI!

1. ctrl + alt + f7
  2. select your username
  3. Login!

Welcome back to the desktop screen of Parrot OS.

2 Likes

This is easy to fix. Apply following command how root in account that have this issue.
The cause is .Xautority was write improperly.

ctrl + alt + f4
use root credentials to login in black terminal

#rm file in /home/your-user-account-with-error/.Xautority
Not have fear, the system will be create an new file .Xautority writed correctly in next boot.

in black terminal #exit and ctrl+alt+del the system will be do reboot. Now do login normaly

Iā€™m using my Parrot now, after fixed in this mode, in the same session. Be happy!

i would also like to add that this could occur as a cause of full space on hardisk as i just encountered if you harddisk is full just clear it and delete the .Xauthority file and your problem should be fixed

I also, have a similar issue, I deleted the .xAuthority file, reinstalled lightdm and xorg but nothing helps, after entering password it tries to load main screen but comes back to login screen, I even created other account to login, but this happens with them too

Hey i am having the same issue did U Found the Answer yet

I was also having some problem but i fixed it by moving Xauthority file.

To fix this follow this steps:-

1.Press Ctrl+alt+F1 to open login terminal

1. After login Type :- mv .Xauthority .Xauthority.bal

3 . Press Ctrl+alt+F7

4.Type your password

I hope this can fix

im having the same issue but i cant even call the terminal idk how you all doing this but is not working for me. stuck on loggin screen and thats all, cant pass the loggin screen or do anything else excep shutdown or restart

Hi Mr. @pizzacakeweb

ISO Name (*.iso):
Is this a new install?:
Are you using a virtual machine or on bare metal install?:

One of the ISOs has some bug with the Calamares (Linux installer) auto-formating the hard disk as a BTFS file system, which when booted gets you to the terminal login (but the file system is read-only). Users had to manually partition the drive during that step in Calamares with that Parrot ISO release(s).