Media Handling Non-responsive

Briefly describe your issue below:

I quite frequently transfer files from my laptop to my Samsung Phones. For the last couple of days, the Android icon, that displays on the desktop when the device is mounted, hasn’t been displaying. The device mounts sucessfully and I can transfer files; but X has also started crashing, locking-up, completely unresponsive to control inputs, forcing a cold-boot. I decided to check the preferences in “Control Center.” and I discovered that the “Control Center > Personal > Media Handling” window is completely unresponsive to all user input. Nothing can be selected or changed in this window. I suspect this may have happened after a recent update. I suppose it’s either that or bit-rot; but my hardware’s pretty fresh, all of it. I suppose, I could try reinstalling some “caja” stuff; but at this point, I’m just shooting in the dark.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)

Operating System: Parrot GNU/Linux 4.4
Kernel: Linux 4.18.0-parrot20-amd64
Architecture: x86-64

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)

Provided installer

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no) No.

posting a screenshot would be easier for the community to identify the problem, it’s quite easy you don’t even need to host the image.

for your problem,go in “system”, “preferences”, “look and feel”, “mate tweak” and see if in “desktop icons”, the “mounted volumes” is enabled.

i couldn’t find the “media handling” tab you wrote about though, so i can’t tell you if i have same problem, i use parrot home 4.4

i reccomend installing some extra caja pkgs, caja-admin and caja-tools extensions etc. it makes life a breeze and caja more friendly. you may be running into the badusb protection if its via usb and it wont auto anything or you may not have makedev packages installed and its holding there. I usually just use bluetooth but i rarely transfer files and that could be a long time. also go ahead and in advanced user abilities enable the disk access and stuff like that. sorry i know i just threw up a bunch of solutions but I think youll find it a lot better if you do all of those. Hows China? any issues accessing our stuff over there?

I’ve loaded the full caja stack and nada. Oh, yeah, I can’t find caja-tools. I just loaded everything I could find.

Caja-admin show up?