Microphone not working on parrot os

– Please Write here your help request, –

—My microphone doesn’t detect my voice during call and recording however it detects music played within the pc.I have tried all the methods recommended here as well as in askubuntu.com like pavucontrol , alsa ,update and upgrade but still couldn’t sort out the problem please help

• Parrot version in use (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type cat /etc/os-release | grep VERSION):
    VERSION_ID=“5.0”
    VERSION=“5.0 (LTS)”
    VERSION_CODENAME=bullseye

• Kernel version (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type uname -r):

5.14.0-9parrot1-amd64

1 Like

“monitor of …” takes the input from audio played by the system
hence the software that you are running shouldn’t be using it, change it to your mic.

If all the devices are connected properly, this command may help to debug the issue: arecord -l

Hi, thanks for your replies

@Th3Director Unfortunately I have no other choice than Monitor of Built-In if I don’t plug in any external device

@Farial_Mahmod result of your command:

card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC3204 Analog [ALC3204 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 2: ALC3204 Alt Analog [ALC3204 Alt Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

i try to record an audio from my default source with this next command and i tape a noisy cracklin’ scratched sound:

arecord -t wav --max-file-time 10 test.wav

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N_pLK2H6UBO2sAhdqYN-Ig3mCoc2s79e/view?usp=sharing

Hello, I’m facing the same problem, and when I run.

I have manage to fix the mic from sounds settings. The sound comes out scratchy.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.