Missing explanation about parrot version

I need some help to understand the different versions of parrot. I go to the main page and see different editions - I’m not interested in the home version, 'cause I want to use parrot for my daily work. So, the “security edition” seems to be the “normal parrot” edition. I have some tools for pentesting, great. But ALSO there is an IoT/Cloud edition. I click “IoT and Cloud appliances” button and I can download it. BUT there is no explanation what this is exactly and where we’ve got the difference to the security edition.
About myself: I work as a cloud computing pentester, so I need to know the difference between those versions.

aScreenShot1

1 Like

Uhm… yeah. I know. But this doesn’t explain in some bullet points the actual difference. “Made for embedded devices” could mean “Well, we have c language and some arduino IDEs that’s its”, also “Cloud Environments” could be something between a single program and a whole different distribution. And “Cloud Environments” is also importent for the “Security Edition”, so again, I don’t get the real difference.

Let me explain. You are a cloud computin pentester. So you could use the “IoT and Cloud Appliances” because, well, cloud. But also you could use the “Security Edition” because of security.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.