Missing package after Security Update

The automatic security updater popped up and I did the update but now the Flightgear package is missing as if its been removed from the repo. Flightgear-data-base and other dependecies are there but the main pachacge "Flightgear is gone and it is now broke after the update. I am Running Parrot Security 4.7 KDE
I was happy to see a security OS with the sim I spend much time on that was up to date with Flightgear 2019.1. If someone could look into this or help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

hello @momonster :slight_smile:

I just checked and the packages still exists in the repo

flightgear

Heres what you could try:

apt-get clean && apt-get autoclean
#onces completed
apt-get update

Then go to synaptic package manager or just use sudo apt-get install <packagename> and install the flight simulator you wish :blush:

Cheers!

Hi @RedRuby

OK I tried that but the package “flightear” is still missing. I’m not sure why. I looked under repositories in Synaptic Package Manager and it just says rrolling under each one so I don’t know where the packages are coming from on the Debian side.

I did find this if that means anything for Parrot Security. https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/flightgear

Thanks for the quick responce,
Steve

Is there a way to stop packages from being unistalled just because they were removed from the repo. I’ve never ran into this with and distro that I remember. Its a bit intrusive to remove a program I’ve installed without any notice. This was done by the security update manager that comes with Parrot Security. In the terminal window I would at least hope for it to ask me if I want to remove a program. I really don’t want to have to go back to the U know who based distros. I like how Parrot comes pre configured for security. Can anyone tell me if this is a issue that often happens? I would like to see a way that Parrot devs can resolve this. I assume it is caused by a Debian freakout. I’ve used Flightgear 2019.1.1 very often since it came out. its gained enough popularity that DARPA has an vent coming out using it with the F-15 my friend and a core dev for Flightgear devoloped. I know some users of this disro may not be so interested in a problem regarding a flight sim but such a well used program should not be neglected. I’m not sure if I should be knocking on Debian’s door or here though. Don’t take any of this negative. I’m just expressing my concerns.

Thanks,
Steve

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.