MongoDB installation and configuration

– Please Write here your help request –
I have been trying to set up MongoDB server using their onsite guide for the Debian distro. everything goes well with no errors but I cannot start the mongo daemon (mongod) using both, (sudo systemctll start mongod) / (sudo service mongod start)

• ParrotOS iso in use:
    parrot os 5.0

• Application used for flashing the iso:

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

● mongod.service - MongoDB Database Server
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/mongod.service; disabled; vendor prese>
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2022-01-03 11:01:00 EAT; 3min>
Docs: https://docs.mongodb.org/manual
Process: 298913 ExecStart=/usr/bin/mongod --config /etc/mongod.conf (code=e>
Main PID: 298913 (code=exited, status=14)
CPU: 51ms

Jan 03 11:01:00 codesimonwise systemd[1]: Started MongoDB Database Server.
Jan 03 11:01:00 codesimonwise systemd[1]: mongod.service: Main process exited, >
Jan 03 11:01:00 codesimonwise systemd[1]: mongod.service: Failed with result 'e>
lines 1-11/11 (END)

Hello. Maybe you need to give him execution permissions (chmod +x). However you may see more error logs with sudo journalctl -u mongod.

1 Like

Okay. Thanks. I also found a means which was by:

1. Download a compressed folder of the MongoDB community server from their official site for the Debian 10 version (my Debian version). “mongodb-linux-x86_64-debian10-5.0.5.tgz” (find the best version according to your system)
  2. Extract the folder to your home directory and rename it to ‘mongodb’ so the directory reads ‘/home/{userName}/mongodb’
  3. Add another directory ‘mongodb-data’ for the database logs within the same home directory as the server’s i.e ‘/home/{userName}/mongodb-data’
  4. Then to start the server using the ‘mongod’ file which is located within the bin folder inside the server folder, use the commands; /home/{userName}/mongodb/bin/mongod --dbpath=/home/{userName}/mongodb-data

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.