Monitor: unknown default (resolution 1024*768)

– Please Write here your help request, –

— can’t upgrade to 1920*1080 pixels due to unknown monitor (showing)

• Parrot version in use (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type cat /etc/os-release | grep VERSION):

Parrot 4.11

• Kernel version (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type uname -r):

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

• Screenshots:

I have exactly the same issue, but on kernel 5.14. I had thought it was due to the GPU drivers not loading properly, but on closer inspection, it appears to be because the monitor is not being detected. On kernel 5.10 it’s detected as “Laptop, eDP”, on 5.14 it’s just default.

Some drivers are not compatible with kernel 5.14. For example: i had to update nvidia-driver to 4.70 to make it work

Same issue here.

Tried upgrading amdgpu/amdgpu-pro drivers (pcie errors in dmesg stating ‘no firmware for amd pcie’ or something to that effect) both through the official AMD ddl, and apt.

No go!

I believe this co-incited with the recent kernel update. Perhaps drivers not compatible with kernel.

There was also an attempt to re-install/install mesa drivers. No fix there either. Definitely a firmware issue, as noted. What that could be is beyond my pay grade.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.