Multipl Monitor / Cursor Enlargement

Briefly describe your issue below:
I am using a docking station from levono to run my laptop and 2 monitors. This docking station is the simple one with a single VGA output on the back, so as a wrokaround I plug my second monitor into the VGA port on the side of my laptop. I have been using the laptop closed and just 2 screens, but recently decided to start using my laptop as less of a DockingQueen.
While using 3 screens I have an issue where The mouse cursor enlarges over windows and returns to normal when hovering off. I will have a screenshot attached.
When using the laptop closed and both monitors I came across this issue. I simply fixed it by reducing the resolution of the monitor I have in portrait mode.
While using the laptop screen and both screens this workaround does not work for me.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)

Linux parrot 5.2.0-2parrot1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.2.9-2parrot1 (2019-08-25) x86_64 GNU/Linux

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
i used the graphic debian
Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
no
If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:
could not find any
If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

Am currently having an issue upoading the screen capture. Will Post ASAP.

and what exactly is now the question/bug? :slight_smile:
you use two displays (size/resolution) over vga (analog) with laptop display (size/resolution) and have different cursor size?
Yes, thats normal … cause they have different dpi i think.

Finally combined the right search terms to get something back from DuckDuckGo. the link below will take you to a thread of someone who had the same problem and change the mouse cursor to default to a size as opposed to changing by resolution.

rowie, it is a dpi based issue. Thank you for the speedy reply.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.