#sudo apt-get update
Hit:1 http://deb.parrotsec.org/parrot stable InRelease
Reading package lists… Done

How To FIx it?

And Thanks <3

thats what it shows, its not broken

did you do apt dist-upgrade too ?

it works, i don’t see any errors there

Thats what it looks like when your local cache of available packages matches the repository list. Make sure to run apt-get upgrade to see if you have already updated your local cache but haven’t actually upgraded. Then also try apt-get dist-upgrade like awesome said. Make sure to read up on the difference between apt-get upgrade and apt-get dist-upgrade as well.

do NOT run apt-get upgrade on a rolling release distribution

run

apt full-upgrade

instead

Blockquote

I forgot about that bit of information however I’ve never had issues with apt-get upgrade. I would obviously go with Palinuro’s instructions with regards to updating/upgrading and most anything else Parrot/Linux related.

of course apt upgrade does not always break the system, but it is prone to creating incompatible situations during the upgrades of some important components

Lol I didn’t heed this advice and ended up having to format the HDD lolz.

i should probably make an apt wrapper with an alert for those who use upgrade instead of full-upgrade

ehrmmm… ok … So what’s the difference? I have been apt upgrade for months now and not had any problems…

Are you saying I should only be doing apt full-upgrade? I never used that - what is that exactly and why do we need to do it, and more to the point how should we know that that is the way to go, and “apt upgrade” is a big No-No!

Thanks,

apt upgrade does a partial upgrade and prevents some packages to be upgraded if their dependencies have been changed

in a stable release-based distribution this behavior is safer because no new libraries are installed and no current libraries are removed

in a rolling-release distribution it is very dangerous because some packages are arbitrarily kept back while other ones are upgraded, causing unknown mixes of package versions

apt full-upgrade and apt dist-upgrade (both are aliases of the same option) will do a true upgrade instead

Sir I Got This Error
$sudo apt-get update
Ign:1 cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux 4.2.2 Parrot - Official Snapshot i386 LIVE/INSTALL Binary 20180910-04:49] parrot InRelease
Err:2 cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux 4.2.2 Parrot - Official Snapshot i386 LIVE/INSTALL Binary 20180910-04:49] parrot Release
Please use apt-cdrom to make this CD-ROM recognized by APT. apt-get update cannot be used to add new CD-ROMs
404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.91.23 80]
Reading package lists… Done
E: The repository ‘cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux 4.2.2 Parrot - Official Snapshot i386 LIVE/INSTALL Binary 20180910-04:49] parrot Release’ does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can’t be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
N: Skipping acquire of configured file ‘main/binary-1364/Packages’ as repository
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

Please create your own report rather than revive one from so long ago so that it is easier for us to not only find it but it may not be the same issue. It seems to me that your parrot.list sources file only has the live install repos in it rather than the parrot archive, this page should have all the information you need to fix your problem and set up your system the rest of the way: https://docs.parrotsec.org/FAQ ammend your sources list if it needs it and then configure the settings within synaptic to allow for the archive to be the repo (not the cds) and you should be alright. Make sure your parrot version is4.2.2 before you do all that though as it is a lot more work to find other issues rather than reinstall in the beginning. :duck: (if you squint its a parrot… haha)