Need help booting up.

Briefly describe your issue below:

I have had parrot on my laptop for a good while now. Didn’t use it for a month or so. Tried to boot up my laptop today but it just shows me a blank screen that I can not do anything on.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture) 4.2 home edition I think.

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no) No

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:
No error messages just a blank screen.

It’s a Asus r541u. I tried booting parrot on a live usb but it would not let me boot from the usb. Instead it would just take me straight to my current version of parrot and just show me a blank screen. The version I last booted it on was 4.2 something I think.

I got it working now, I was able to log into parrot via ctrl+alt f1. That way I got to update my parrot to the most recent version.

Thank you for the reply anyway. :slight_smile:

So I get through grub and It’s opening parrot but doesn’t make it to log in. Just gives me a blank screen with a blinking underscore on the top left corner. I tried booting up by adding ACPI=OFF on grub, didn’t work. Still gives me this blank screen. I was able to open console by pressing ctrl+alt f1 tough. How should I proceed?

Yea I can log in now, I made that post about how should I proceed before I got it working.

I’m really new to linux, just wanted to pick up something new :stuck_out_tongue:

When it comes to executing startx do I just write sudo startx in console?

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.