NETINSTALL - libc6-udeb error during install

Hi there,

I’m hoping for some assistance the netinstall (x64) iso. I’ve encountered the very same problem with every Parrot netinstall iso since I first used it and have never been able to solve it myself. Since the error still occurs in the latest 4.8 netinstall image I decided to report it and ask for help.

During the install process, shortly after setting up user and password, probably during detection of the hard disks, this error occurs:

“Failed to load installer component. Loading libc6-udeb failed for unknown reasons. Aborting.”

After this error the installer is pretty much caught in an infinite loop. The error occurs -> installation returns to step overview -> a step is selected / installation is aborted -> error occurs -> installation returns to step overview -> … and so on.

This happens on my ASUS laptop, 2nd gen Intel i7 (2640M). Windows 10 and Linux are currently installed on seperate SSDs with GRUB on the Linux SSD serving as the boot loader.

As stated initially, this isn’t the first version of Parrot I cannot install through the netinstaller. Iirc this has also happend on my desktop PC which too is Intel based with three SSDs inside with at least oner previous versions of the netinstall iso. The full isos work like a charm, though, but I’d neither want Mate nor KDE as my desktop and I’d prefer to install an enviroment from scratch rather than installing one, installing another and then trying to remove the first including all the applications it brought.

In advance, thank you.

What version of Parrot are you running? 4.8 netinstall (x64), has happened with previous version, too

What method did you use to install Parrot? netinstall iso, happens in default and advanced install

Configured to multiboot with other systems? yes, currently Win10 and Backbox Linux. Was trying to replace Backbox with Parrot. GRUB is installed on the SSD with Backbox, the Backbox partition is encrypted.

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/debian-installer/+bug/1817358

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below: The installer won’t create logs once the error occured

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.