Network Problems AnonSurf

I appreciate the article on Whonix. I think I need to just rebuild my whole OS because I’m having so many issues with connectivity to begin with. I thought I fixed the DNS issue when AnonSurf isn’t activated but it keeps coming back. It’s almost like some wifi routers I connect to I can’t resolve host names, but then other times I’ll connect to that same router and things will be fine. I MUST be connected through the TOR network otherwise I wont be able to connect to the internet. It’s super weird. The only reason that is weird is because it makes me wonder if the TOR service is even set up properly.

I also appreciate all the feedback from everyone.

The article is dated 2015. It is November of 2018 thus much closer to 2019 thus being 4 years or almost 5 years old as I had said to emphasize the importance of ensuring your countermeasures keep current and effective against the instances of which you are trying to counter. In no way would I advocate that a private VPN is safer than a paid or public one with which a corporation/company/entity stand to either gain or have incentive of any kind to disclose any of your information under any circumstance.

OMG please kill me… you really want to debate about a date??? OK… 26 june 2015-8november2018… and you still saying 5 years when you odd count 4years… hopefully ridiculous dont kill… OMG please stop being stupid… and if that makes 1000000years if you know about what you talk you cant say the issue must be resolve… holy shit…

lel,

Guys why are you arguing if you could be running a custom reverse proxy server on a vps for instance, like my mikrotik has built in VPN functionality, and you people are all BEEF about it. I know that all of you here are capable of hosting a local, or buying vps servers from the cloud like amazon AZURE or even vultr.com would be fine and setting it up manualy for a hosting price of about 5 dollars a month, is about the same price for a QUALITY VPN service.

You are correct on more than one point here! When it comes down to it I follow Palinuro’s advice on a VPN that you host yourself as@0xff10ad has mentioned. I’m actually not very educated on VPS? @0xff10AD care to educate me on what you’re talking about? (currently in the states so I don’t see much of any mikrotik products if that is relevant at all). :slight_smile:

Well, You need to start from where it all works. The art of packet processing that is.
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Packet_Flow

I am pretty familiar with packets haha but it’s a great link to give out for people who don’t or want to understand more so thank you for that! I think this is the ubiquiti of the EU essentially (I’m guessing) but I love my unifi systems even though they may be a bit quick on the testing sometimes they make solid solid solid hawdware