No internet but connected to hotspot

Briefly describe your issue below:

Hi last month i installed parrot sec os 3.11 and now for a week before my mobile hotspot keep on getting a no connection on the browsers (chrome and firefox) although im connected .
And other netwprks seems ok becouase when im connected to my router i can go on to internet and do anything without any problem .
Also when im connected to my mobile hotspot still i could download torrent files through utorrent browser version and still cannot search or surf on the internet please help me completely a nooby to linux .

So couple of times i tried installing wicd and network manager and switched between those two to check whther there’s any wrong with the network and some how i was able to access the internet through my mobile hotspot by installing wicd for a temporary fix but when i reboot my system the error is still present please help me

Also if this error is not a problem of parrot os please inform me i will delete this topic out of the forum.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)
3.11 in amd64 version

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental) debian gtk

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no) no only parrot sec os 3.11 amd64

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

1 Like

I have the same issue. Did you resolve it?

I highly reccomend backing up any important personal files and install the 4.2.2 version which is the Oprah of parrot releases so far! You get a fix! He gets a fix! Everybody gets a fix! (Seriously such a monumental amount of glorious fix’s and wonderful improvements! :heart:

1 Like

Me too :).
Fresh install of 4.2.2 can connect hotspot, but not own wi-fi router :slight_smile:

What exactly do you mean? Hotspot as in another access point besides your home router/access point?