No network connections found for Parrot security

– Please Write here your help request, –

—I’m new to linux and not a savvy tech guy and when I boot up my live usb of Parrot security, I’m not finding any network/internet connections. Not familiar with the command line…yet. Tried following a couple youtube vids but it’s never the same on my laptop as in the tutorial and so I get lost. Thank you for any help

• Parrot version in use (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type cat /etc/os-release | grep VERSION):
    “4.11”

• Kernel version (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type uname -r):
    5.10.0-6parrot1-amd64

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

• Screenshots:

@Swhinton , I think you need to troubleshoot your wifi & bluetooth drivers. Meanwhile, you may use a wired connection. I had the same problem.

Try right-click on Wifi icon and Enable/Disable Wifi this will fix that.

I imagine this is for your laptop’s built-in wireless card? What make/model is your laptop? You may need to install the firmware for your particular model of Wi-Fi chip-set.

I believe you can obtain this info in the output via:

lspci

For external USB Wi-Fi adapters:

lsusb

Since you are running a live OS, was it setup for any persistence? If not, you will have to install the firmware each time, which will require a wired LAN connection.

We can assist you further upon the answers you provide.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.