No networks are detected

Briefly describe your issue below:
I am able to enter into monitor mode so obviously my Wi-Fi card is supporting monitor mode. I have Atheros QCA9377 Wi-Fi card installed. But after entering into the monitor mode when I type the command airodump-ng wlan0mon, I am getting the screen but no networks are detected even if there are many networks available.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)
I am using Parrot Security 4.7 version and I have dualbooted it with windows 10. Edition is Parrot Security.

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
I have used Debian GTK method to install the OS.

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
Yes.

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:
There are no error messages shown. But just it is not detecting any nearby networks even if many are available. That screen remains for many time. I have also waited for more than 5 minutes but no results were produced.

Kindly help me!

the proprietary binary firmware does not support monitor mode in the sense that you won’t pick much up (btw I have same card).

I know it looks like it supports it, even changes into mode.
My output from iw list:

Available Antennas: TX 0x1 RX 0x1
	Configured Antennas: TX 0x1 RX 0x1
	Supported interface modes:
		 * IBSS
		 * managed
		 * AP
		 * monitor
		 * mesh point
		 * P2P-client
		 * P2P-GO
		 * P2P-device

But it is not functional IME.

However they do mention the possibility of opening it up to monitor mode but it sounds like you would have to pay for it (business inquiry)

See:

https://developer.qualcomm.com/forum/qdn-forums/hardware/qca9377/34827

Other tools works? Like wash

To make monitor interface I use this line “sudo iw dev wlan0 interface add mon0 type monitor addr 08:9e:01:3d:2f:fd” and “sudo airodump-ng mon0” or “sudo wash -i mon0” <-try do it

Its is not taking to monitor mode and it it showing the network to which i am connected. If i disconnect then it is not showing any networks even if networks are available.

Help me… What to do.

Probably its happening because your router are configured to not broadcast, so if there`s nobody connected to the router, the router stay quiet, when someone calls to the ESSID the router shows up, and you only can see beacons or traffic if someone is connected.

To run airodump-ng your interface have to be in monitor mode, but connect to router and run airodump-ng switching channels cause disconnection.

Do you know about others router seeing on cellphone or in windows you see more router`s singnals? I guess that your antenna is only capturing very close signals, in windows do you can see more routers available?

Learn some basic shits

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.