No updates or download?

Briefly describe your issue below:

Hi everyone.

Alright so, about 3 years ago my husband downloaded PS onto a bootable disc and put it as the only OS on my computer. I started using it when he couldn’t figure it out and I was able to actually do a lot of everyday things and other stuff to do with my designing.

Well, then my computer went out and for 3 years I haven’t been able to use it. After a lot of tinkering lately I finally got the computer back up a few days ago and the old PS disc is the only OS I have on hand so I used that.

Now I feel like I can’t do anything. The few packages already installed are all up to date but I can’t download any more. If I try to use the terminal or the download manager they both fail due to errors. I’m not really sure what to do at this point because every time I try to do a Google search, Google pulls up searches on everything else instead of what I’m looking for.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)
Parrot Glitch 2.2

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
no

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:
One of the errors-
W: Failed to fetch http://euro3.archive.parrotsec.org/parrotsec/dists/stable/contrib/binary-amd64/Packages Something wicked happened resolving ‘euro3.archive.parrotsec.org:http’ (-5 - No address associated with hostname)

I would say it is too old to be updated to the newest version. Too big of a leap from 2.2 to 4.2.

If you want to use parrot and any updated tools, you will need to install the newest version (4.2.1) off of the downloads page.
So i would suggest moving any of your files/ project onto a removable drive, or something to the same effect. Then installing parrot 4.2 over the top.

2 Likes

thats not really the problem but i agree… The problem is the link which serve to update/upgrade change since Parrot 2.2…

Parrot 2.2 is very old and it is no longer supported

repository keys are changed and your version is no longer able to check the digital signatures of the packages, and this is why it believes that all the programs are up to date while they are not.

the only solution to your issue is to go to the parrot website, download the latest version (parrot 4.2.2 at present) and install it again

1 Like