none of the tools are working

Briefly describe your issue below:
i wanted to test out fern wifi cracker but when i went to try it out for the first time nothing happened just 2 blank screens popup here is a screenshot

hello, fern works perfectly for me on parrot 4.1 and 4.2

could you please help us reproducing the bug?

a first step you should perform is to open a terminal window (ALT+T) and launch the following command

sudo fern-wifi-cracker

then post here a screenshot of the terminal output

libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
X Error: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied) 10
Extension: 130 (MIT-SHM)
Minor opcode: 1 (X_ShmAttach)
Resource id: 0x15b
it just repeats after this so it is too long to screen shot

run the following command and retry

sudo dist-upgrade

the dist-upgrade utility will fix eventual broken packages and perform a full system upgrade

after this, your system will be provided with all the latest system patches available

p.s.
remember that yours is a particular non-reproducible exception probably caused by a wrong system usage and it does not represent how the parrot system actually is, but i think that if the bug was caused at a package manager level, then dist-upgrade is going to fix it

it doesnt work do i need to shut down the parrot os is there any other way to repair it

i restarted my laptop and when i turned it on it prompts the login screen once i login the screen goes white and grey screen look how do i undo this `sudo dist-upgrade`` i dont even care about the tools anymore if it is so difficult for beginners i just want the distro to be working again

the distro works out of the box.
you install it and you can easily upgrade it, install additional packages from apt or snap etc.

there is something terribly wrong, not in parrot, but in your particular setup

my suggestion is to download parrot 4.2 beta from deb.parrotsec.org/parrot/iso/testing (preferably the home edition)

then make sure to create the live usb device with www.etcher.io

and install the system again