OpenVAS current status

**What version of Parrot are you running? none yet

What hardware are you running? *none yet

**What method did you use to install Parrot?*not installed yet

Configured to multiboot with other systems? *Perhaps

I was advised that Parrot was a good Linux distro for vulnerability testing. I’m needing to do internal network vulnerability testing. I see that OpenVAS has been mentioned here quite a bit - so may I assume that’s the package that would be the focus of my objective?
So far, I’ve used OpenVAS on Kali Linux but became concerned that the database support was lacking and/or limited.
Any comments?

Are you doing manual pentesting or vulnerability assessment?
If you are doing manula pentesting, i’d suggest you focus on manual emueration ad maybe custom fuzzing
Meanwhile, we are checking for any other vulnerability scanners. Yes we are having a very big plan for pentesting.

Thank you!
As before:

I was advised that Parrot was a good Linux distro for vulnerability testing. I’m needing to do internal network vulnerability testing.
I was looking for comments on the use of OpenVAS…

I’m just a hobbyist who recently started using Greenbone’s OpenVAS to test out my local systems and use it with Metasploit for assisting in my first exploitations (of Metasploitable 2 & 3).

If you haven’t seen it, this is a thread about getting it up and running on Parrot OS. Hopefully a professional can assist you with more fine-grained comments.

https://community.parrotsec.org/t/unable-to-create-gvm-openvas-user

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.