PANDA PAU06 WiFi in Parrot OVA Sec

– Please Write here your help request, –

Hi guys. I loaded the official Parrot OVA into my virtualbox, in my linux mint laptop.
I have a Panda PAU6 adapter Ralink RT5372 and i am trying to make it work with parrot.
The adapter works fine and connects to my network if i use it in my host machine, but i can not make it work with the parrot VM.
The adapter is inactive in my host machine while i try to use it with the VM, not connected to anything and the Wifi switch OFF to leave it all for the VM, i am not trying to use it in Parrot at the same time it is connected on my host machine.
In parrot i can see the adapter and during the first seconds when the VM has been started, i can see wifi networks in the parrot graphical network manager in the top right, but then they all quickly disappear.
I try to scan networks with it and nothing is found. Check my terminal commands below… i try to put the adapter UP, but it keeps showing DOWN

Do i need a different driver in parrot or is it just an issue with VirtualBox?
Thanks for any tips

• Parrot version in use (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type cat /etc/os-release | grep VERSION):
    Parrot OVA with VirtualBox 6.1

• Kernel version (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type uname -r):
    5.10.0-6parrot1-amd64

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

on the Parrot VM terminal:

user@parrot]─[~]
└──╼ $lsusb
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 148f:5372 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT5372 Wireless Adapter

[user@parrot]─[~]
└──╼ $ip link show wlx9cefd5fb0c1c
3: wlx9cefd5fb0c1c: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state DOWN mode DORMANT group default qlen 1000
user@parrot]─[~]
└──╼ $ifconfig wlx9cefd5fb0c1c
wlx9cefd5fb0c1c: flags=4099<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        ether 9c:ef:d5:fb:0c:1c  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
        RX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
        RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
        TX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0

user@parrot]─[~]
└──╼ $sudo ip link set wlx9cefd5fb0c1c up
┌─[user@parrot]─[~]
└──╼ $sudo ip link show wlx9cefd5fb0c1c
3: wlx9cefd5fb0c1c: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state DOWN mode DORMANT group default qlen 1000

Hi i am new on the forum.

Probably you need to install vbox extension pack.
I guess it needs usb 3.0 to get the adapters to work as guest.

Hi Eric.
Yes i have the extension pack installed, but the only option that works for me is usb 1.1.
If i try to start the VM either with USB 2 or 3 i get an error

Failed to construct device ‘usb-xhci’ instance #0 (VERR_PDM_DEVHLP_VERSION_MISMATCH).

Thank you