Parrot 4.0 beta testers

Unsure if this is an intended or unintended function or not, but the option to “send a message” to a user on the lock screen triggers the screensaver immediately upon clicking “save” and sending the message. I have attached a video illustrating the issue. https://streamable.com/af31a

i just put Parrot-security-4.0-beta_amd64 onto my usb drive, created the persistent partition with fdisk now its encrypted with luks and im really impressed with 4.0

i will edit my post with updates but so far so good

does your I2P also disapere from Anonsurf when you do the update and upgrade

The I2P support was removed by @palinuro from 4.0 release. Check this:

Im getting this error when upgrade the system:

it is a warning, not an error

thanks for answer me

4.0 beta won’t load in latest Virtualbox 5.2.12 r122591 (Qt5.6.1), live or install, allocated memory = 2700MB, standard settings, running on Linux Mint 18.3. Repeated ‘Stopped’, ‘Starting’, ‘Started’ ‘Light Display Manager’ before final ‘Failed to start Light Display Manager’ (Same problem with Security 3.11 after dist-upgrade including 4.16.0 kernel update.) Works in Gnome-boxes (as does 3.11)

My first post. my physical desktop Parrot 4.0 no problem.
I have multiple Parrot kvm vm’s and they wont boot properly with 4.0 beta
On one of them I enter in terminal messed with ICEauthority and then could boot still with error.
Then I tried another kvm vm and enter grub menu and boot 4.15.0-parrot17-amd64
No problem with 4.15 kernel.

btw bug with panel still exist - when you do something e.g. adding multiple iteams mate-settings-daemon and/or pannel-settings heavy crash and load system. but its not a parrot problem - in pure debian same shit i test twice. so its a mate desktop bug 100%.

1 Like

@WarTech @coyik can you report mate desktop bug to mate developers.

Live Mode not start properly as per below screenshot,
“VirtualBox5.2.8”, “Qt5.9.2” on “Linux parrot 4.16.0-parrot5-amd64 #1 SMP Parrot 4.16.5-1parrot5 (2018-05-03) x86_64 GNU/Linux”

With This Configuration ->
Parrot4-1

and i think it is because virtual guest utils service and light display manager not started as below screenshots

then it stuck here with another error on openvas-manager

1 Like

and working fine with Virtual Machine Manager Powered by libvirt, so i think that the issue is with verion 5 of VirtualBox !!

Parrotsec 4.0.1 released
http://cdimage.parrotsec.org/parrot/iso/4.0.1/

1 Like

you think that report surprise them all? they knew about that shit sins MATE upgraded to gtk3 :smiley:

2 Likes

I got the same as @MohamedSalama

I installed parrot 4.1 from scratch. Previously the screen-saver use to work when I locked the computer. Now, the computer locks but the screen-saver is not shown. Any idea, how I could resolver this issue? Thanks in advance!

wrong topic, you have to report it with a new topic in the proper section

1 Like