Parrot 4.2 beta testers program

Testing Parrot4.2, Wifite throws this error, however the attack works. Are these tools merly recommended or would it be wise to have them preinstalled?

try this

sudo systemctl disable phpsessionclean.timer 
sudo systemctl disable apt-daily-upgrade.timer 
sudo systemctl disable apt-daily.timer 

(i don’t recommend last 2 commands, but i disabled in on in Parrot system)

Can you edit default .vimrc file please? There is a small issue with tab display in vim. That was my bad because i missed 1 line.

syntax on
set tabstop=4
filetype on
set nu
set ruler
set mouse=a
set listchars=tab:\|\ 
set list

missing filetype on gives ugly tab.

thanks for the report. bug fixed

added to the fixes, i will rebuild the ISO files with these services disabled

1 Like

fixed as well

I’ve installed fresh new Parrot 4.2. There are issues:

1. vim should be installed by default (there is only vi currently)
  2. Login task is still slow (but it is better than previous version). I am upgrading new packages and i’ll see what will happen after reboot. I’ve run sudo systemctl disable phpsessionclean.timer. I am not sure if this command helps login time.
  3. Get some error msg from ~/.xsession-errors
    (mate-panel:1044): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 05:33:46.415: g_object_unref: assertion 'G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
    /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/lxkeymap/helpers.py:46: GtkWarning: GtkAlignment does not have a property called position builder.add_from_file(ui_filename)

[UPDATE]:
I see this line multiple times in /var/log/Xorg.0.log.old and /var/log/Xorg.0.log
modeset(0): Failed to get GBM bo for flip to new front.
I saw similar bug:
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=900717
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=106908

[SOLVED]
After reboot, I feel login task is faster than default, but it is still slow and it is annoying. I don’t see any service that take booting time.
Anyway I’ve tested vim default. And I don’t understand what the hell is happening with it (And it makes me feel stupid because I suggested this idea)

• Top left terminal: root .vimrc file, which is generated by system (default)
  • Top right terminal: user vim.rc file, i replaced it with same text
  • Bottom left: root display in vim editor mode
  • Bottom right: User display in vim editor mode

Screenshot%20at%202018-09-04%2006-04-58

• After copy and paste THE SAME text to default /root/.vimrc, vim editor from root user displayed as same as user.
    Is there any command that i can use for generate default .vimrc and replace to users? I want to test it without reinstalling my system, and i hope i can solve this stupid issue.
    p/s: I am editing default .vimrc file in parrot-skel fordel, and generating it by creating new user.

[SOLVED]
I fixed the problem. Turned out there is a space after listchars=tab:|\
It should be like this "set listchars=tab:\|\ ", not this "set listchars=tab:\|\"
The line filetype on is not doing anything and it can be removed.
Screenshot%20at%202018-09-04%2006-41-34
The configuration i posted before has a space so i guess you entered text to .vimrc file manually LoL.
Anyway, I am trying to track that slow login issue. Hopefully it is not because of my system.

atril is having issue with firejail sandbox. I am using refresh install from parrot security os amd64 4.2 build 23h 3/9

dbus[6]: D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly set up: see the manual page for dbus-uuidgen to correct this issue. (Failed to open "/var/lib/dbus/machine-id": No such file or directory; Failed to open "/etc/machine-id": No such file or directory)
  D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace

try to dist-upgrade the system. it works for me

Hi! I’ve run full-upgrade moment ago. Atril is still having problem in my system (running without firejail is good)

My system is up to date
Screenshot%20at%202018-09-08%2006-33-56

Hey,

I noticed that when I’m starting Anonymous Surfing and Stoping again, that resolv.conf doesn’t dynamically change the nameserver. I have to “sudo dpkg-reconfigure resolvconf” everytime. This Problem exists in older Version too.

This is not a bug, the anonsurf removes the original resolv.conf, so it is removes the symlink.
Most of parrot users dont want to auto update the resolv.conf at start.

Well I don’t get it, why should someone don’t want to auto update the resolv.conf for everyday’s use? Maybe it would be more comfortable if you would ask the user when stopping the Anonymous Surfing if he wants to create the symlink again, and then he can decide if he wants to or not

my resolv.conf look like this:

nameserver 139.99.96.146
nameserver 37.59.40.15
nameserver 185.121.177.177

Ans thats is, for example: i dont want to use routers DNS settings

I get your Point but, I still stick with it, for me it is a basic Debian feature and after Installation the resolv.conf is updating dynamically. The Symlink is removed when I start Anonysurf
 So if Parrot OS does not want the resolv.conf to be dynamic then that should be from the beginning of the installation and not after starting Anonsurf