Parrot 4.4 Development Discussions

(dmknght) #22

Actually that was a bad idea :frowning: Cinnamon is having bottleneck problem. And if i uninstall parrot-mate, cinnamon will have blank screen error. I am discovering this error. I really love cinnamon sticky note.

(Lorenzo "Palinuro" Faletra) #23

this is a first screenshot of Parrot KDE 4.4

(Matt) #24

Will it also be packaged with the ‘KDE applications’?
If so replacing current packages where applicable (e.g. ‘LibreOffice writer’ replaced by ‘Words’)?

I am really looking forward to ‘KTeaTime’ :tea: so i hope that’s included.

I would be interested to see a prebuilt KDE plasma varient built for the Security Edition.

(Lorenzo "Palinuro" Faletra) #26

we will use libreoffice and other common applications

our choice of desktop applications is not DE dependant

in example we use qbittorrent instead of transmission (for gtk) or ktorrent (for kde), and we want to keep our environment as neutral and familiar as possible in order to make easy for people using the mate edition to switch to the kde edition and vice versa

there are some cases where we are going to prefer some DE-specific tools, in fact we use kate instead of pluma etc, but as i said, we want to keep some important tools as they are universal and not DE-dependant, like vlc, libreoffice, firefox, qbittorrent, vscodium, gimp etc

(Lorenzo "Palinuro" Faletra) #27

of course if you have some ideas or improvements to suggest, you can propose them here with an issue (if you want to discuss them) or with a push request (if you want to implement them)

(Lorenzo "Palinuro" Faletra) #28

Download the new Parrot 4.4 beta images and give us your feedback

http://cdimage.parrotsec.org/parrot/iso/testing

Please @palinuro , Please add hcxtools and hcxdumptools. They are very good and feature a lot of functions, wifite just doesn’t meet the requirements

(Valerie) #31

I would like to suggest that “Onion Circuits” and “Tor Middle Relay” be added to the release. Both of these packages are available in Flatpack. So far, I have not gotten them to work; but I would like to see what my TOR circuit looks like and make a Relay available to other users, while I’m also using the system.

What do you think about : Turtl ?

Https://turtlapp.com

With ZSH pugin, I use history autocompletion, It’s really powerfull ( I start write command ligne and I tape ‘UP’ to see last commande with this starting entry…)

Maybee something could be set with default Terminal ?

It will be great

(dmknght) #35

Is alias back='cd $OLDPWD' for .bashrc is a good idea? It am using it and i think it can be included to .bashrc by default.
BTW I am working on 2 projects and i hope they will be added (when finish) to Parrot Pentest tool list :smiley:

(dmknght) #36

Default terminal is Mate terminal. I think you must tell Mate DE dev team about this. BTW, about your request feature, i think a fish - like suggestion would be great.

(Lorenzo "Palinuro" Faletra) #37

onion circuits is already preinstalled since parrot 3.x and it is available by default in debian

tor middle relay does notnseem to be available in debian, so we can’t include it by default. flatpak would add too much overhead to our images

(Lorenzo "Palinuro" Faletra) #38

are these programs available in debian?

(Lorenzo "Palinuro" Faletra) #39

we are not ready to add zsh as the default shell, by the way you can search elements in your bash history with ctrl+r

(Lorenzo "Palinuro" Faletra) #40

i just modified some debian installer conponents (partman modules) to use btrfs and xfs by default in the parrot installer

(dmknght) #41

Balancing DE between features, useful and lightweight is super hard. Big respect for dev team!
BTW parrot-cinnamon is bringing session error after login for me, stand-alone cinnamon works well. Current cinnamon on Parrot is having bottle-neck issue. I just notice here if Dev team plans for official Parrot-Cinnamon in next versions :slight_smile:

(Lorenzo "Palinuro" Faletra) #42

no cinnamon plan for parrot 4.4, only kde and mate support by now.

i don’t know cinnamon, so i need help maintaining it and fixing eventual compatibility errors

(Lorenzo "Palinuro" Faletra) #43

parrot 4.4 security edition and kde edition will include golang, rust, vala and mono (.net clone) support by default :slight_smile: