Parrot 4.6 Development Discussions

I am Waiting kde full link @palinuro

Wait what? We are having Cutter now? That is so awesome

Yeah! That and DBeaver! I just stumbled upon them while poking around the 4.6rc ISO. No more BlackArch liveUSB for me. :laughing:

But seriously, this is awesome work. :smiley:

Hmm dbeaver has been included for months as i remember. I am testing this cutter on stable machine and testing parrot 4.6 on vm right now. Hope we can fix bugs soon :smiley:

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: ParrotOS 4.6 QA/Testing Discussion

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Parrot 4.6 beta testers program

• Suggestion: gef plugin for gdb by default?
  • Request pre-installed ftp . It is useful for ctf and normally use (sometime)
  • enum4linux and samba wasnt in preinstalled list. Removing samba saves startup resource (startup service, open ports) but enum4linux is a common enumeration tool. Should we add it to pre-install list?
  • Firefox is having so much broken bookmarks (for example chat.parrotsec.org ). I think we should clean them in this release.
  • We are having duplicate tools: remmina vs vinagre . Both are remote desktop viewer client. I think we should remove one and keep one (i think remmina is better)? (We are having clawmail vs thunderbird as well)
  • Request: Remove vim-tiny and install vim by default. ( vim command not found )
  • It is better if we move radare2-cutter shortcut in menu from "Programming" to "parrot reversing" -> This shortcut is from Debian side

Also , add
ollydbg && gobuster && python3-kivy pre-installed
And remove
dirbuster atom sandi

And in Firefox booksmark
Community have wrong link connected

just made encrypted persistent usb drive with the latest parrot security 4.6 rc4 using dd, a good job the developers have done :slight_smile:

on another note, i dont have a hdd anymore, i just use 2 x usb drives running parrot, ill never use windows again

2 Likes

Thank You Buddy !!!
Parrot is the Best Debian Based Penetration Testing OS I have ever seen !!! (It has the tools which Kali sucks) :stuck_out_tongue:
Windows is also cool if you know how to hack the registry files to work in your own way you want :stuck_out_tongue:
Every time after new Windows 10 releases I try to customize (remastering & slipstreaming) and make it also best :stuck_out_tongue:

this isnt quite a development issue but most of the backgrounds in /usr/share/backgrounds are outdated now apart from the default macaw, would it be best to remove all of the old apart from the 1 default macaw ?

I think we should give users a wide range of choice. The wallpapers don’t take up much space in the ISO, so I think it’s best to leave them in there.

2 Likes

@jasonb179, Yes smaller size is always the best things :heart_eyes:

they have been the same backgrounds in there from when i started using parrot back on 3.1, there outdated and the only one that gets updated is the default macaw, id rather have a better wide range of choice of wallpapers by deleting them all and adding my own

were not talking about the filesize were tallking about the wallpapers being old and outdated

OK :stuck_out_tongue:
Then add your own wallpaper in your own distro as your wish :smile:

Yes that’s right

one of several I created

3 Likes

geoip-bin which provides geoiplookup was removed automatically after full upgrade command. I afraid it can be removed from default list in Parrot 4.6 so i’d suggest adding this package to pre-installed tool.

please make fish the default shell or make it easier to switch. (right now fish_config and fish_update_completions are not working, a fix could be possible?)