Parrot 4.7 Sec windows trailing, cursor , desktop

Briefly describe your issue below:
Im having several issues in parrot 4.7 security that make the system borderline unusable.

1. The cursor keeps jumping if i even go near the trackpad, even when trackpad is disabled.
  2. Cannot open my mobile phone photos as Caja starts hanging and seems to crash, and now im getting a windows trailing effect when minimizing windows. sort of like dozens of windows trailing out and unable to open or view files.
  3. I cant seem to install new packages with synaptic, as i keep getting a broken packages error, and the clean command doesnt work, and i cant “fix broken packages” in synaptic either.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)
4.7 security 64bit

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
debian standard usb install

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
yes win 10 ent

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:
cannot install packages in synaptic, when clicking “fix broken packages” i get:

E: Unable to correct dependencies````

I have run the apt-get clean command and done an upgrade and update as described in other posts, looked at many support posts, including how to fix desktop managers, but overall its very buggy. 

I have done a full encrypted install including encrypted all system folders including the swap file. The swap remains with a lock/ encrypted so im thinking if this is related to the problem?

thank you for any help

Can you check cpu usage/logs to narrow which processes are causing problems?

Please check sudo dmesg and send any problematic output from:

cat ~/.xsession-errors

Thanks. Pastebin link here in for the full output of sudo dmesg, with cat output below:
https://pastebin.com/v6d98DRG

Xsession: X session started for parrot at Sun 22 Mar 08:44:59 AWST 2020
dbus-update-activation-environment: setting DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=unix:path=/run/user/1000/bus
dbus-update-activation-environment: setting DISPLAY=:0
dbus-update-activation-environment: setting XAUTHORITY=/home/parrot/.Xauthority
localuser:parrot being added to access control list
dbus-update-activation-environment: setting QT_ACCESSIBILITY=1
dbus-update-activation-environment: setting USER=parrot
dbus-update-activation-environment: setting LANGUAGE=en_AU:en
dbus-update-activation-environment: setting XDG_SESSION_TYPE=x11
dbus-update-activation-environment: setting HOME=/home/parrot
dbus-update-activation-environment: setting DESKTOP_SESSION=lightdm-xsession
dbus-update-activation-environment: setting XDG_SEAT_PATH=/org/freedesktop/DisplayManager/Seat0
dbus-update-activation-environment: setting DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=unix:path=/run/user/1000/bus
dbus-update-activation-environment: setting LOGNAME=parrot
dbus-update-activation-environment: setting XDG_SESSION_CLASS=user
dbus-update-activation-environment: setting PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/games
dbus-update-activation-environment: setting GDM_LANG=en_AU.utf8
dbus-update-activation-environment: setting XDG_SESSION_PATH=/org/freedesktop/DisplayManager/Session0
dbus-update-activation-environment: setting XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/run/user/1000
dbus-update-activation-environment: setting DISPLAY=:0
dbus-update-activation-environment: setting LANG=en_AU.UTF-8
dbus-update-activation-environment: setting XDG_SESSION_DESKTOP=lightdm-xsession
dbus-update-activation-environment: setting XAUTHORITY=/home/parrot/.Xauthority
dbus-update-activation-environment: setting XDG_GREETER_DATA_DIR=/var/lib/lightdm/data/parrot
dbus-update-activation-environment: setting SHELL=/bin/bash
dbus-update-activation-environment: setting GDMSESSION=lightdm-xsession
dbus-update-activation-environment: setting QT_ACCESSIBILITY=1
dbus-update-activation-environment: setting GPG_AGENT_INFO=/run/user/1000/gnupg/S.gpg-agent:0:1
dbus-update-activation-environment: setting PWD=/home/parrot
dbus-update-activation-environment: setting XDG_DATA_DIRS=/usr/share/mate:/usr/local/share/:/usr/share/
x-session-manager[2390]: WARNING: Unable to find provider ‘’ of required component ‘dock’
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/run/user/1000/keyring/ssh
cat: ‘~/.keymap-selected’: No such file or directory

(caja:2506): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:45:01.296: Failed to register client: GDBus.Error:org.gnome.SessionManager.AlreadyRegistered: Unable to register client
Cannot read ‘/var/log/kern.log’
Initializing caja-open-terminal extension
Initializing caja-image-converter extension
Initializing caja-xattr-tags extension
blueman-applet 08.45.01 WARNING PluginManager:147 __load_plugin: Not loading PPPSupport because its conflict has higher priority
blueman-applet 08.45.01 WARNING PluginManager:147 __load_plugin: Not loading DhcpClient because its conflict has higher priority
blueman-tray version 2.1.2 starting
There is an instance already running

(blueman-tray:2602): Gdk-CRITICAL **: 08:45:02.570: gdk_window_thaw_toplevel_updates: assertion ‘window->update_and_descendants_freeze_count > 0’ failed

(mate-power-manager:2556): Gdk-CRITICAL **: 08:45:02.570: gdk_window_thaw_toplevel_updates: assertion ‘window->update_and_descendants_freeze_count > 0’ failed

I wonder if its worth backing up my files, and trying a reinstall with another configuration? Perhaps encrypting all my partitions is not necessary, just the home folder? Although unencrypted swap partitions ive read seem to be a security weakness

I don’t believe your experience could be related to encryption. Best bet is to let the Parrot installer do the encrypting/auto partition everything for you.

Could be a graphics card/hardware issue. Could be a bad copy (did you use etcher/dd to make the copy?)

If you want to try new install:

• Download latest version. Make sure to use either Etcher or dd command to burn your copy (I prefer dd command).

• Make sure to try the copy loaded as “Live boot” before installing (I suggest NOT installing from Live boot; just run Live momentarily as a test for hardware etc- see if you notice same cursor problem/trailing; install option from boot menu has been shown to be more reliable)

Not encrypting swap poses a security risk. If you need a swap (under 8gigs ram) encrypting it can be as important as other partitions as it holds data from recent memory.

If you have 8 gigabytes+ ram you don’t really need a swap in most cases.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.