Parrot 5.0 Call for Beta Testers - 4

After expirementing with the config files I got the bridge mode to work I think. See:

For the bridge_addr: variable I could not get it to work besides empty variable. I tried my bridge interface ip, my lan’s ip, my wan’s ip, and one of the ips in the bridges.txt list. But changing from false to true worked. I did get an anonsurf ip as well- no network issues.

Do you have network connection? Can you ping a website? or “8.8.8.8” or “1.1.1.1”?

I know I had problem due to ipv6 activated on Parrot 4. But it not seems to be the same error.

Oh i see. That bride_addr is meant to be your custom addr and it’s not really easy to config. As i remember, you have to put whole long addr (i don’t remember how i concat strings for that). You can just use use_bridge: true and custom_bridge: false. when you do that, anonsurf selects an addr in the file randomly. I copied the addr from Tor Browser for Android

1 Like

Anybody wants to try zsh on Parrot OS can try this

• sudo apt install devscripts git
  • git clone https://nest.parrotsec.org/packages/parrot/zsh-autocomplete
  • cd zsh-autocomplete
  • debuild -us -uc -b

Then cd .. and sudo dpkg -i <.deb file of zsh-autocomplete
Palinuro changed parrot-zsh to other name and i don’t remember it but you can install zsh by sudo apt install zsh zsh-autosuggestions zsh-syntax-highlighting. This new zsh-autocomplete is not on repository yet so any testing with current .zshrc is welcomed :smiley:

HP Pavillion x360 convertable with nvme SSD. Intel I5 11th gen processor
Works great,
installed atom
no hiccups till now

where did syslog go?

└──╼ $sudo tail -f /var/log/syslog
tail: cannot open ‘/var/log/syslog’ for reading: No such file or directory
tail: no files remaining

Dell XPS 9310 works great. I have not had really any issues so far for the last day and half of use.

Hi, I am trying to download using the torrent and I get this warning:

The server failed the authenticity check (wolf.parrotsec.io).

The host name did not match any of the valid hosts for this certificate

The certificate is self-signed, and untrusted

Are others experiencing this as well?

Yes now and again on 2 different laptops :frowning:

Thanks. I thought there was something silly going on with my system. I’m gonna wait till the certificates are right. Deffo looking forward to trying the LTS!

Hello,
Where is the flatpak package?
I can’t install it. No version is available.

Edit: I spoke too soon.
The sudo parrot-upgrade command fixed it.

• Kernel: 5.15.0-5parrot1-amd64 x86_64 Desktop: MATE 1.24.1 Distro: Parrot OS 5.0 (LTS)