Parrot boot - OS only detect my USB stick

To add a little bit of context: I use occasionally Parrot Security Edition on a Virtual Machine for more than one year now, I would like now to dual boot alongside Windows 10. I’ve been trying to do it since two weeks. I know that I’m not an expert but I still want to use Parrot OS.

Problem: Parrot don’t detect my internal Hard Disk but only my boot USB Stick (see screenshots)

my laptop Spec:

• Processor: Intel i3-1005G1
  • RAM: 8Gb DDR4
  • Storage: 256Gb PCle NVMe SSD
  • Boot mode: UEFI

What I’ve already tried / done: Flash the Security and Home editions to a USB stick using Balena Etcher & Rufus, disabled Secure boot and fast boot, formated the patition created for parrot in ExFat & Fat32.

Thanks for your time and your help, I am available if you need any extra informations !

did you try the drop-down box…
2nd shot, left hand picture, top right-hand corner with blue search icon

Yes I’ve tried it, there is only my usb stick

Have a read of my basic guide to see if you’re missing any steps

I’ve remade the whole process following the guide and still don’t work

I am assuming that you want to be able to access the files on your Windows C drive when using Parrot from the USB stick, and the reason Parrot cannot see the windblows drive is because Linux doesnt by default support the NTFS file type that the windows drive is formatted with.

If you want that functionality, you need to install packages like fuse

Do you mean this ? because I formatted it in ExFat, and I even tried Fat32 once

I don’t think the disk format is the issue. Did you check the BIOS settings of disk? Something about RAID and other things relates to disk

My Sata mode is Optane without RAID

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.